828mk2 issues

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
BillyH
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

828mk2 issues

Post by BillyH »

I just recently re-joined the group, and I feel like I've come into one of those talk radio shows where you probably missed this topic already where the answer has already been given..
But anyway, I have an 828mk2 which I only bought because when I got my new G5, I didn't know that it only had PCI Express slots and my 2408 (which had worked beautifully) wouldn't work anymore. Of course, I had upgraded to a 424 card for my G4 right before it died (the G4). Now, Motu was nice enough to take the 424 back, but they didn't tell me that a new PCI express card was right around the corner, so I bought the 828.
I'm getting those high pitched squeals that everyone has ben talking about.
I reset it to "factory settings" as someone suggested and for a couple days, that seemed to work. But today, it's back.
So now, I'm sitting here with a 2408 that is worth about $100 on e-bay, but used to work, and an 828 that doesn't.
What should I do?
Try to get another 828? Are they all like this?
I'm a loyal Motu guy, and have otherwise been very happy with their stuff. I even bought 5.1 hoping that would solve the problem.
But, it's the same leaving me to believe it's the hardwear.

Please let me know if you all have some great ideas, and I think this site is great!

Thanks,

Bill