Digital Performer whistles for Peter Gabriel remix

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
stellarvector
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Digital Performer whistles for Peter Gabriel remix

Post by stellarvector »

I've used Digital Performer in my rig since DP 3.0 and have stood by the project through 4 OS changes and all version upgrades with exception to 4.5 (with big apologies to the MOTU team, but 4.5 was just a bad year for me.)

Here is the fruits of my latest project, which was also worked on by partners Jonathan Ford and Colin Mansfield who also use Digital Performer.

Shock The Monkey(in.flect remix)

We used as many of Digital Performer's features as was possible, and it was a real fun ride for all of us. I particularly enjoyed using polar this time around, and not in abundance either, it might be fun for you to try and remember the original vocal phrasing on this track and pick out the subtle and not so subtle changes I made to it so that it would fit harmonicly in the arrangement.

I'll make more posts here, I just now found out about this site! Isn't that just horrible of me? Well, what I lack in participation I hope to make up for in content.

Best Wishes,
Charles Sadler
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

"......this was done digitally with all the bells and whistles of a pro-tools or pro-tools comparable product......"

:roll:

If you think people won't know what DP is then all the more reason to name drop it!

Nice remix anyway, although I have never heard the original so i don't know what it is remixed from.... I had dinner with Peter G once (well it wasn't JUST me and him!) He gave me tips on how to sunbath without getting burnt - seriously!

( ... of course he wanted to swap his studio with mine but I said no way! Too big, too much natural light, too much open countryside....)
stellarvector

Post by stellarvector »

I'll name drop DP when it counts.

The only person I've ever had the privilage of sharing a conversation with was Thomas Dolby, who gave me some instructions on how to wire a mini-touch screen (the kind they use in SUV's and such) to a macintosh.

And when I can afford it, I'm going to do it.

Charles
MarkM13

Post by MarkM13 »

It's great to see two really artistic musicians mentioned in one thread. Esp. one as obscure as Dolby and another as eclectic as Gabriel. I love the music of these artists, but even more so love the production of their albums. "Air Waves" from Dolby's "Golden Age of Wireless" has just a beautifull "Hugeness" (for lack of a better word) to it. Gabriel has too many gems for me to pick just one. "More than This" and "Sky Blue" jump right to mind though. Both are from the "Up" album.

Anyway, nice remix of "Monkey" I just did my own via DP and Reason that appears in this forum too.

Mark