cpu performance?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

cpu performance?

Post by kelldammit »

just out of curiousity, how many simultaneous voices are you able to get out of MSI on your machine? i'm currently having some problems with cpu after loading 8 sounds...i guess i'm down to reducing the polyphony per voice...
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

Hey kell--

I don't have MSI, but Shooshie might have a lot to offer you on this topic...
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
papageno
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: cpu performance?

Post by papageno »

kelldammit wrote:just out of curiousity, how many simultaneous voices are you able to get out of MSI on your machine? i'm currently having some problems with cpu after loading 8 sounds...i guess i'm down to reducing the polyphony per voice...
Sounds like you are using MSI as a plugin in PPC application (DP 5 perhaps?). In this case MSI, altough it is UB app, runs on Rosetta and uses PPC code.
To solve this temporarily you can open MSI as a stand-alone application and route MIDI from DP to MSI. In this case you cannot record MSI audio output to Sequencer directly. Of course you can record your MSI audio to a file and then export autio in sequencer. RAX should do this trick, it is UB AU host.

Brrrrrrrrrr...
+372 56222285