Macintosh Key Shortcut in DP

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Noizemaker

Macintosh Key Shortcut in DP

Post by Noizemaker »

Is there a way to get in any of DP's Popup menus directly with the Macintosh Keyboard. With "TAB" you can get through the numerical values boxes but I don't like to have to leave the keyboard and reach to mouse to change something in a Popup Menu
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

Popup menus are a pain. Not only is it a drag to use the mouse when playing the keyboard, it's tedious when doing an audio mix when one wants to toggle among the Volume, Pan, etc., in the Sequence Editor. Not a big problem for one track, but 24+ tracks gets annoyingly repetitive.

Change Velocity, for example, is easy enough to get to with a key stroke, but getting to Change Velocity > Scale or Change Velocity > Limit is not unless the mouse is used anyway, and by then what's the use?

DP really needs to have ALL of its popup menu windows available in the key commands window-- or allow somehow for the user to add the desired feature itself and not just the command.

Some people have used Quick Keys....
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
Noizemaker

Post by Noizemaker »

Alright
I was hoping to have good news but I guess I don't. What's the quickKeys deal? How does it works?
martian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by martian »

Frodo wrote:Popup menus are a pain. Not only is it a drag to use the mouse when playing the keyboard, it's tedious when doing an audio mix when one wants to toggle among the Volume, Pan, etc., in the Sequence Editor. Not a big problem for one track, but 24+ tracks gets annoyingly repetitive.
i always wished they would implement a right click anywhere on the track to do that.
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

Noizemaker wrote:Alright
I was hoping to have good news but I guess I don't. What's the quickKeys deal? How does it works?
Quickeys wrote:
QuicKeys

A lot of software products promise to make you more productive, but there's only one utility that's been delivering on that promise for over 15 years - QuicKeys.

QuicKeys creates shortcuts that will automate your repetitive tasks with custom hot keys, toolbars, and timers. From typing text, launching programs and remapping keys, to selecting menus, recording & play back of your actions, and everything in between...
http://www.cesoft.com/
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52