Cue for new Documentary done in DP5

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
sndhse
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Cue for new Documentary done in DP5

Post by sndhse »

Hi guys. Great place to share. I thought I would post the opening cue that I wrote from an upcoming documentary for National Geographic entitled "Secret Planes- Episode 1 Swoop Of Death" There are 13 hour long episodes, so a lot more writing to do. All of it done in DP5. I think this shows off DP's abilities very well.
2 links
1) The cue with music and video (Low-rez)
http://www.soundhousestudio.com/swoopofdeath.mov
2) Just music from the cue
http://www.soundhousestudio.com/swoopof ... 1music.mp3
Hope you enjoy it
John
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

Awesome job, John. When does it air? My favorites:Airplanes and a great score!
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
Washlines

Very impressive . . .

Post by Washlines »

I'm going to show it to all my Sonar-using bandmembers !

Good scoring !

Arjen
No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney
------------------------------------------------------
1Ghz-powerbook G4 (512Mb);MOTU DP4.61; MOTU 828mkII; Presonus Digimax-FS; Studio Projects SP828; ART DPS-II; Lexicon Mx200; Samson S-Phone; Alesis MonitorOne mkII; Beyer DT-770 Pro; 2x Studio Projects C1; 2x Studio Projects B1; Joemeek DP37; 4x Beyer Opus87; BD Opus65; EV 486; EV 257B; 2x Beyer Opus53; SM57, Samson C01U; 2x t.Bone RB500 (ribbons) & t.Bone CD55
sndhse

Post by sndhse »

Thanks for the Thumbs up guys. I'm not sure of the air date as things have a tendacy to get pushed back, but I will let you know. Very interesting topic though. Planes the Germans were designing but never saw the light of day because as we all know, they lost the war. If they had built these planes, it could have been a very different outcome. With CGI we can now see what they may have looked like at the time. It amazes me how much of our jet technology comes from some of these early designs.
John
sajjadalam6
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Nice job!

Post by sajjadalam6 »

Great sounds...great composition and movement...both versions sound great but I believe with the commentary and visuals together the overall impact is more fascinating.

Keep it up.

Sajjad
logo80

Post by logo80 »

just Impressive, a real pro work.
Regards, Lorenzo
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

i agree. definitely smokes the canned music they usually use for that sort of show. very very cool.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.