Installation Hangs while "Updating Registry"

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

seanrobinson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Installation Hangs while "Updating Registry"

Post by seanrobinson »

Version that came on the CD installed, but wouldn't run without crashing within seconds.

Got update 1.1.2 from MOTU website - it won't even install completely. It ALMOST finishes, then spends HOURS "updating the registry."

Any known conflicts out there I should be aware of?

Running WinXP Pro, 2Gig RAM, plenty HD space

Should I try to install in safe mode? (though it seems that would render the iLok useless...)

Thanks for any and all help!
pooh_bear138
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by pooh_bear138 »

I've had the never-ending updating registry issue but, in actual fact, it had installed properly and would run. I take it it doesn't in your case.

As far as I can make out MSI is very sensitive to what kind of processor you have and the type of graphics card, which you don't mention. In my case it will run standalone but not as a plugin on my desktop (Athlon 2.6 gig) and not at all on my laptop (Duron 1.2).
seanrobinson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by seanrobinson »

For a processor I have a Pentium D Extreme Edition (3.46 G)

For a graphics card I have a Nvidia 7900 GTX

All drivers for all hardward updated to most recent versions...

Seems to be a problem with a process from MS called "regserver.exe" - during my final install attempt - I started killing various processes to see if I could identify a conflict issue. When I killed regserver, MSI finally said it was done. Seems to run OK, but I haven't done much with it yet. Can't say for sure that all is well.

Thanks for responding, pooh_bear138!