DUAL DISPLAY CARDS FOR APG GRAPHITE G4

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

lane_hagood
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DUAL DISPLAY CARDS FOR APG GRAPHITE G4

Post by lane_hagood »

does anyone know where i can get a display card that will extend the desktop over 2 monitors, not just duplicate for a graphite g4 with apg graphics?
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

If you have a card now with two outputs, the rest of the display behavior options are all done in the System Prefs... wasn't sure what your setup was. I thought most of the graphites all came with an AGP with DVI and ADC or VGA ports. Cards are still available for twin DVI support. Not sure if you need twin DVI or any VGA support, though...
:?:

Anyway, try this for a start:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... EDC=830796

VGA, S-video, and DVI support for $200

You might want to take note of the types of monitors you want to pair up (DVI or VGA) and then at least use this list to nail down a compatible card mode for both your computer and monitor(s) :
http://www.ati.com/products/mac.html

From there, you can check pricegrabber.com (using the search criteria "Radeon" or "NVIDIA", for example). I sense that any card you may want will be in the $200 range. Be sure to check for G4 compatibility. Some cards are only G5-compatible, and more expensive. If you find a lower price, all the better, but it doesn't hurt to also check CompUSA's website just to compare prices. Sometimes discontinued items are marked down in stores like this.

Another place people often overlook is Amazon.com for radical markdowns because they usually limit their amazon searches to books, CD's and videos. You might be surprised at what you'd find collecting dust at Amazon at a nice discount.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
lane_hagood
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by lane_hagood »

YES I DO HAVE THE ANALOG AND DIGITAL OUTPUTS, I DIDNT KNOW I COULD RUN BOTH AT ONCE. I WAS JUST GOING TO RUN TWO ANALOG OUTS. I HAVE A COUPLE OF ANALOG FLAT PANELS. THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

Great, Lane!!

There are plenty of adapters still floating around out there for VGA-DVI, so you're all set! :wink:
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52