User Interface is completely hosed with 1.1 upgrade

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

jlegler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

User Interface is completely hosed with 1.1 upgrade

Post by jlegler »

I recently upgraded to MSI 1.1.1 and the GUI didn't come along for the ride. As far as I can tell the program is running; however the GUI is completely messed up. It is basically white with a bunch of red, grey, and black squares on it. There are no formal errors at all. I am running an AMD Athlon X2 4400 on an ASUS A8V motherboard with a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 video card and 2GB of memory on XP SP 2. I have tried re-installing the update several times but it seems to make no difference whatsoever. If I run the original version it runs fine; however, the instant I upgrade it the GUI turns to a bunch of little blocks. This happens in both standalone and as a pluggin. It looks like this:

It is almost like none of the graphic files for the GUI are being recognised. I can double click on the squares and when I do I can tell the program is doing something, I just can't tell what. The entire operating system was reinstalled as were all of the programs recently but again, it works fine on the old version of the program. Just the 1.1.1 version doesn't work. I currently have it running the old version until someone can give me a good explanation of what is going on. I tried calling support but I get a busy signal and so far they have no responded to my email. I am at a loss as to why the GUI of the program is so kludged up. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
meeloo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: User Interface is completely hosed with 1.1 upgrade

Post by meeloo »

Have you installed the latest graphic drivers from nVidia on your computer? Try www.nvidia.com and let us know if this fixed your problems.
jlegler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by jlegler »

Okay, for anyone who is interested or is having the same problem, the driver was the issue. You can't use the microsoft drivers. You have to actually download/install the real nvidia drivers. Just an FYI.