The free VI's/plugs list.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
revi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Synful is now free

Post by revi »

Apologies if I'm not in the correct topic branch but this is pretty cool news.

Eric Lindemann has decided to make Synful free. A donation is requested "to keep Synful alive".

Synful has a nontrivial learning curve and working with the various latency-avoiding tricks is not completely simple but I still think that it gives pretty much anyone else a serious run for their money when it comes to realism.

Check out the demos. The Beethoven quartet (one of my favorite pieces as it happens) is very compelling.

Synful comes with demo files and stems of several tunes, including the Beethoven quartet (e.g., there are DP files with the demo tracks).

Very much worth checking out.

https://www.synful.com/
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Synful is now free

Post by James Steele »

revi wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:53 am Apologies if I'm not in the correct topic branch but this is pretty cool news.
I moved it to the "FREE" topic since seemed perhaps more appropriate. Thanks. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

iZotope Nectar Elements 3 free

Post by James Steele »

iZotope Nectar Elements 3 free

Looks like iZotope is giving a way Nectar Elements 3 for free.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/dow ... ments.html

You just have to create an account at iZotope if you don't already have one.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
stubbsonic

8 OhmForce plugs,: retired, updated to AS, given away for free

Post by stubbsonic »

A French developer called Ohmforce retired 8 of their plugins.

[EDIT: The status of these plugins as "AS Native" was reported on another forum, but it is apparently incorrect or at least not the case for all of them. I have not checked them.]

https://www.ohmforce.com/plugins

You have to create a free account. The webpage has a cute phrase:

"Legacy Plugins; Free on your ohmforce account, Also free of support."
Last edited by stubbsonic on Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
cuttime

Heavyocity Staccato Brass

Post by cuttime »

New addition to the free Foundations series:

https://heavyocity.com/product-category ... 54c59eb5df
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: 8 OhmForce plugs,: retired, updated to AS, given away for free

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:09 amBut in one of the most classy moves ever, they updated them to AS, before retiring then freebie'ing them. Well done, Ohmforce!
Wow! THIS is did NOT know. I just assumed they would require Rosetta so I ignored this before. I'll have to check them out!

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

stubbsonic wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:09 am But in one of the most classy moves ever, they updated them to AS, before retiring then freebie'ing them.
I'm not sure this is correct. I just downloaded two of them: mobilohm and symptohm and dragged the AUs into the Components folder and they showed up as "Intel 32, Intel 64" in PlugInfo. I already deleted Symptohm, but you can see below that Mobilohm is not Apple Silicon native.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 2.23.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 2.23.23 AM.png (18.72 KiB) Viewed 20532 times

cuttime

Post by cuttime »

James Steele wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:25 am
stubbsonic wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:09 am But in one of the most classy moves ever, they updated them to AS, before retiring then freebie'ing them.
I'm not sure this is correct. I just downloaded two of them: mobilohm and symptohm and dragged the AUs into the Components folder and they showed up as "Intel 32, Intel 64" in PlugInfo. I already deleted Symptohm, but you can see below that Mobilohm is not Apple Silicon native.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 2.23.23 AM.png
I can't confirm that they are AS compatible, either. Also. I couldn't find any documentation to confirm it.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: The free VI's/plugs list.

Post by James Steele »

I didn’t try them. I have really too many plugs to mess around with any more plugs that aren’t native Apple Silicon. I wouldn’t be surprised if they work with Rosetta.

Also, the manner in which you must manually install them bothered me. For example, they have you put the Preset folder directly in the Library folder which doesn’t quite follow the usual conventions.

stubbsonic

Hz Box

Post by stubbsonic »

Hz Box is a free plugin that has resonators and few modulation things. It's probably akin to having an acoustic resonator and/or cab IR. It has a few other little features. There's a long video to describe it. The manual is pretty decent, as well.

https://higherhz.com/hz-box/

They also have a free delay:
https://higherhz.com/hz-delay/

And another multi-effect thingy:
https://higherhz.com/hz-multiplier/
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Wave Alchemy Dawn (EMT 250 emulation) - Free IF....

Post by James Steele »

So I got an email from Wave Alchemy. If you have any of their other products, like Glow or Radiance, then you should have a free download of Dawn in your user area. Just a heads up.

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/product/dawn/

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

James Steele wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:25 am
AS was shown on a misleading article on another forum. I corrected my original post. Can't do anything about the subsequent quotes.
Last edited by stubbsonic on Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikehalloran

Re: iZotope Nectar Elements 3 free

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:03 pm iZotope Nectar Elements 3 free

Looks like iZotope is giving a way Nectar Elements 3 for free.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/dow ... ments.html

You just have to create an account at iZotope if you don't already have one.
Requires Rosetta 2 with AS Macs.

Nectar 1 used to be my go to quick-and-dirty plug for pop vocals. Nectar even had an intuitive pitch tool that could tune vocals more naturally than any other that I’ve tried before or since. Unfortunately, that component was replaced by Melodyne with Nectar 3 and I hardly use it anymore.
Nectar Elements features

Vocal Assistant:
Get polished vocals with AI
Easy-to-adjust sliders let you fine tune your sound
Intuitive Control
I’ll turn my users onto this and see what they can do with it. Thanks for the heads up.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Soundiron Rainsong - FREE

Post by James Steele »

Soundiron Rainsong - FREE

https://soundiron.com/products/rainsong/

rainsong.jpg
rainsong.jpg (299.06 KiB) Viewed 20372 times

Rainsong is a free instrument library for Kontakt, created from a variety of natural rain ambiences and raindrop sound effects, crafted into playable sound-designed synths, pads, atmospheric soundscapes and percussive sfx. It's full of playable muscial elements, as well as useful sonic elements and foley for videogames, animation, film and songwriting.
NOTE: It will appear in the Libraries section in Kontakt. Just be sure to look inside the Custom FX directory in the library, as there are specialized instrument inside that directory.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: iZotope Nectar Elements 3 free

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:35 amRequires Rosetta 2 with AS Macs.
I have what seems to be good news, Mike. I just ran PlugInfo and it looks like iZotope updated Nectar 3 Elements to native Apple Silicon. Check it out:

pluginfonectar3elements.jpg
pluginfonectar3elements.jpg (83.34 KiB) Viewed 20371 times