The free VI's/plugs list.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Elephant Audio Free Room Reverb

Post by James Steele »

cuttime wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:36 pm Free. Very nice. No muss, no fuss, CAPTCHAs, accounts or spam:

https://www.elephantdsp.com/products/room-reverb/
Nice. Apple Silicon native too! Thanks for the share!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Techivation T-De-Esser Plus FREE

Post by James Steele »

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Free Waves Berzerk Distortion Plug - Limited Time

Post by James Steele »

Just found out about this and passing it along:

https://www.waves.com/account/free-berzerk-sanjay-c

James Steele
Site Administrator

Shift Line SkyNet Reverb - Free/Donation

Post by James Steele »

SkyNet Reverb is free or you can make a donation. It's much like Eventide Blackhole or Cherry Audio Galactic Reverb. It's for the big cavernous, long decay type reverbs.

https://shift-line.com/skynet

skynet.png
skynet.png (404.51 KiB) Viewed 24877 times

The developer has a disclaimer about potential issues with installation:
ATTENTION: Shift Line isn't a certified Apple software developer. To ensure proper operation of the installer, you need to allow the installation in system preferences (Privacy & Security / General). If you're installing the VST3/Component files to the appropriate folders on your own, you will have to perform additional actions to change user access rights as admin.
However I didn't have any problems and it seems to be working just fine!

James Steele
Site Administrator

Noise Ash NEED 73 Console EQ - FREE for limited time

Post by James Steele »

Not sure how long this will last, but you can get this NEED 73 Console EQ for free, but putting in your cart and using the coupon code BEAT73

https://noiseash.com/need-73-console-eq/

I heard about this on another forum and the code stopped working for a while, but appears to work now.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Pulsar Smasher - FREE at Plugin Boutique

Post by James Steele »

This is a pretty good one... price is right for sure:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 48-Smasher

Note that after you "buy" it for $0, you will have a download link in your account. You can also see a link in the Serial Number box. (Ignore the "1993"). Rather than download v 1.2.4 I copied the link and pasted it in a new browser tab and then checked out at Pulsar Audio's website. (Might help to log in first if you already have an account there.). After you do that, you can download a newer version 1.3.7 which I'm happy to say is AS-native (including the AAX version) and you get a serial number to enter into iLok License Manager, to download a license.

smasher.gif
smasher.gif (40.38 KiB) Viewed 24715 times

James Steele
Site Administrator

Waves MetaFilter is FREE for limited time

Post by James Steele »

Never know how long these will last, but Waves MetaFilter is free for a little while. I already had it with my Horizon bundle, but got an additional license for the heck of it:

https://www.waves.com/account/free-meta ... ducergrind

metafilter.jpg
metafilter.jpg (54.26 KiB) Viewed 24685 times

James Steele
Site Administrator

Full Bucket Brigade Delay

Post by James Steele »

Cool little easy to use delay plugin that simulates the analog "bucket brigade device" delays of old...

http://www.fullbucket.com/music/fbdelay.html

fbdelay.jpg
fbdelay.jpg (58.15 KiB) Viewed 24675 times

Full Bucket Brigade Delay – v2.0.0 [17-Feb-2023]

The Full Bucket Brigade Delay is a software effect for Microsoft Windows (VST2/VST3/CLAP) and Apple macOS (VST2/VST3/AU/CLAP) simulating the functionality and sound of classic analog delays. It is written in native C++ code for high performance and extremely low CPU consumption. The main features are:

• Authentic simulation of a Bucket Brigade Device (BBD) delay line
• No "crackling" or "dropouts" when changing the delay time
• LFO modulation for Flanger, Chorus, or other modulation effects
• Sync-to-Host option
• Freeze mode
• Quality control to send your hi-fi signals to hell
• Resizable user interface (not "N" version!)
• Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32 bit and 64 bit)

Gosh, why another delay plug-in?

The Full Bucket Brigade Delay is an offspring of the tiny delay within my Nabla synthesizer. Just for fun I separated it into its own C++ project, added a few things like the LFO and the Quality control, always trying to achieve the functionality and sound of those old BBD units that I love so much. Now I sat here with a new plug-in. And decided to share it. :-)

James Steele
Site Administrator

PsuedoStereo Debuts FREE Compressor Classic OLD 2M

Post by James Steele »

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2023/0 ... ic-old-2m/

UPDATE: Well... this one may not be worth the hassle. You install by manually dragging into the Components folder, and even then it appears as a folder to MacOS, even in Ventura. Still... you can launch DP and it will give you an error during validation that it is an not an authorized developer. You can get around this using the Terminal as described in this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=599822

Even if you do all that, the plug is not M1 native yet, and on top of it, the metering doesn't appear work in DP (or Logic Pro). I can click the meter needles and move them, but don't think that's how this is supposed to work. I'll have to watch the YouTube video and see if there's something I'm doing wrong.

bayswater

Airwindows

Post by bayswater »

The current Waves fiasco got me looking around for alternatives. One that came up is Floor from Airwindows. Posting the link here under the heading of Free Plugins. This guy has nearly 400 plugins, all free, no questions or registration. Most are very simple with no GUIs, but the few I tried did their simple task well. He presents Floor as something he did to mimic Renbass. It doesn’t really do the same thing but it’s as good as, and sometimes better than any of the recommended paid alternatives. Lots of analog modelling and utilities.

https://www.airwindows.com/
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Rick Cornish

Re: The free VI's/plugs list.

Post by Rick Cornish »

FREE Transient Shaper

“Flash” is now available from one of my favorite plug-in developers, Wavesfactory (no relation to Waves!).

(BTW: Their Trackspacer is a great ducking tool.)

https://www.wavesfactory.com/free-audio-plugins/flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

FirePresser compressor plugin - FREE

Post by James Steele »

James Steele
Site Administrator

Polyverse Wider - FREE

Post by James Steele »

Haven't tried this yet, but looks like a pretty useful stereo widening plug-in and it's free. Although they want a name and email address for it. I did install it to make sure and it IS Apple Silicon native!

https://polyversemusic.com/products/wider/

wider.png
wider.png (255.6 KiB) Viewed 24420 times

bayswater

Re: FirePresser compressor plugin - FREE

Post by bayswater »

Got this. Had to create an account. When I did, I got a receipt for the plugin from United Plugins and from Melda. Odd. Who's is it?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: FirePresser compressor plugin - FREE

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:44 pm
Got this. Had to create an account. When I did, I got a receipt for the plugin from United Plugins and from Melda. Odd. Who's is it?
I don't know. Somebody owns somebody in these crazy consolidation days. I saw some talk about in on Gearspace, but I didn't bother reading it.