Universal release MX?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by corbo-billy »

Hello _

What do you want to say by "wierd" _

I think buy soon this MX4 and is on a PowerMac G5 with D.P. 5.1 _
ecallender
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Out of time

Post by ecallender »

Ohh, sorry. I meant that the timing of the track goes completely out of time.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Thank you, I understand better because I read this thread with a translator.
Xyla

Disaster

Post by Xyla »

So I upgraded to 2.1 even though I am on a PPC, because it said there were improvements.

First thing I noticed, is none of my old AU presets would load. So, I figured there was just a compatibility problem with the old settings, so I happily went on to create a kick-ass instrument and use it in a new song. Everything seemed fine, I saved the song many times over the night, but I never had to reload to an old version. I quit Logic and went to sleep.

Woke up today and loaded up the song. My kick-ass instrument was now the "Hello MX4!" preset. I loaded in an earlier version... all the same. I FREAKED OUT. I tried everything, even downgrading to 2.0 in the hope that it was having a problem recalling the settings, but that they were still saved in the song. Nope, it was toast. HELLO MX4!

What a nightmare. I did some tests and the new version will just not save or recall any AU presets. The only way to save an instrument is to overwrite one of the presets directly in the synth.

So I am sticking with 2.0 on my G5, but this does not help me on my Macbook pro.

Anyone else have this problem? I am using Logic Pro 7.2.1
RCory

Post by RCory »

The new version is working on my PowerPC/dp5.1 just fine!
Xyla

Post by Xyla »

I imagine it is a Logic thing... since the problem is with the AU presets. Still, it's devastating. Isn't anyone else here using Logic Pro?
ecallender

Xyla's Problem

Post by ecallender »

I'm having the same problem as Xyla. Logic Pro/MX4 is now unable to store presets correctly. I also have timing issues. I can't freeze MX4 tracks without major timing problems. What's going on?