will this combo work?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
lightningad
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

will this combo work?

Post by lightningad »

I am considering a completely new audio/video post-production solution and wondered if i could indulge your curiosity for a while to see if my ideas are workable or just plain crazy!

At present i am working with PT HD, which is fine, but bloody expensive. As I am looking to create a new facility, I would rather be a little more cost efficient, and as an ex-DP user am thinking of getting the new DP 5 when its launched.

I will be using DP purely for the voiceover records and for the final audio mix for commercials and corporate videos. The video will be cut on FCP/Shake and rather than fork out for a separate audio box, my thinking is to use the AJA Kona 3 video card (it has 24bit AES/EBU audio i/o) with a decent mic connected to a Focusrite Liquid Channel. Can this Kona 3 card be used to import audio into DP?

Is there any other aspects that i have forgotten to include?...monitoring will be PMC DB1Sa (got 'em, love 'em).

Any recommendations for a voice over mic (not a singing mic but a speaking one)

? I have an AT4050 at present but find its almost too neutral ! its great for foley but some voices sound lost with it.

thanks in advance
adam
"silly keeps you sane"