MOTU doesn't play nice with others

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

symphonyone
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU doesn't play nice with others

Post by symphonyone »

Hello everyone!

I am using logic and motu symphonic instrument and when i try to add a logic track to the motu composition- the motu track crackles/distorts, the same situation happens when i try to add a vocal track. Not to mention, when i try looking at a motu track in MIDI it crashes logic every time! what is going on? i have it hooked up to logic via envirnment window/16 tr multiinstrument assigned to one instrument track. whats going on here??

Ryan
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mhschmieder »

I don't mean to sound rude, but could you reword your question for clarity? I can PROBABLY assume what you meant, but I'd rather be certain before attempting to answer.

The interchange of terminology three times in the same sentence have left me wondering exactly what it is that you are doing, since it first sounds like you are inserting Logic into MSI, then you have a Logic track that is problematic, then an MSI track that is the problem.

As a result, I am not quite clear on whether the problem is happening within Logic or within MSI, as I'm not confident of what you mean by "track" at this point.