Problems with MSI loading the dat file

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

HibernalDream
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Problems with MSI loading the dat file

Post by HibernalDream »

I'm on a mac using 10.4.4
For installing I copied the big dat file from the DVD to my desktop then installed the program from the CD

But when I load it as a plug-in in Digital performer all the settings are empty because it isn't loading the dat file. I installed the update and the dat file also does not load when I open MSI as a stand alone program. I've tryed moving the dat file right into the main folder, replacing the MSI.dat shortcut with the file itself and still, no dice.

ANyone have any idea of what is wrong? I'm sure it's something simple but I just can't figure it out

thanks!
papageno
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Problems with MSI loading the dat file

Post by papageno »

HibernalDream wrote:I'm sure it's something simple but I just can't figure it out
Read the troubleshooting section of the thin printed manual that came with MSI.
+372 56222285
HibernalDream

Post by HibernalDream »

did you read my whole post? I've read everything in the troubleshooting part of the manual that adress the problem of MSI not loading the dat file and done all of the suggestions and to no avail.
papageno
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by papageno »

HibernalDream wrote:did you read my whole post? I've read everything in the troubleshooting part of the manual that adress the problem of MSI not loading the dat file and done all of the suggestions and to no avail.
Gosh, my brain seems to be overheated...
If MSI.dat doesn't even work in the same folder with MSI.bundle the there might be a permissions problem. Unlikely but worth to check, does your user have permissions to MSI.dat?
+372 56222285
HibernalDream

Post by HibernalDream »

User as in user account on the mac? There is only one user account on my comp so it should have permission to use the dat file
HibernalDream

Post by HibernalDream »

well my comp needed to be reformated anyway :roll:

now it's working just fine