New Themes with D.P. 8

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: New Themes with D.P. 8

Post by corbo-billy »

Super happy for you: to talk about GIMP, I took time to understand his mode-operation .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I use GraphicConverter and TextWrangler to apply three small tweaks to existing themes: increase the contrast for text in the TO column headers, highlight selected tabs, and blur the faders for muted tracks.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Work in progress _ Image

Last edited by corbo-billy on Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

My Collisseum theme:

My Fishy theme:
Last edited by Guitar Gaz on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Photos posted seem very extended, as well with Firefox or Safari !
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

They are my new setup with the Consolidated Window extended across 2 monitors - it works really well for me. See new posted pictures above (worked out how to post pictures finally - thanks to MIDI Life Crisis again!).
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

AHHhh, the view is much better now: a lot of good ideas in general small.
I've almost finished my next Themes: it only remains to find their names from the colors.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

I finally finished these three projects Theme characterized by the use of three colors: yellow, blue and green .
Instead of burying multiple photos, I have a little while superimposed or stacked for these three themes have in common .

The ideal is to try to better assess what suits you . Click on the following images in the color you want .

_ GREEN TRICK _

_ BLUE TRICK _

_ YELLOW TRICK _

Click on every pictures for access to every Theme _ 8)
Last edited by corbo-billy on Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:20 am, edited 11 times in total.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

My Monet Theme - my themes are all for working with to suit my moods - this one was using photos I took at L'Orangerie in Paris when visiting the Monet Water Lillies room where they are displayed as Monet wished. I don't expect others to like them - but that is what customisation is all about.

Gary Shepherd
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Original concept for the outgoing and truly off the beaten track .
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

corbo-billy wrote:Original concept for the outgoing and truly off the beaten track .
Thanks - keep up your own work which is always interesting!
Gary Shepherd
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

I just think it would be necessary to include instruction, a small PDF for installing these Themes because it is not obvious to all . :|
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

corbo-billy wrote:I just think it would be necessary to include instruction, a small PDF for installing these Themes because it is not obvious to all . :|
Its kind of second nature to me now - knowing which colours to alter on the Style.xml and which png files to alter. Not sure I would have the time to write it down - the point is for people to experiment.
Gary Shepherd
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

@ Guitar Gaz, MP
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

As a guide I find the apple Digital Colour Meter app as invaluable. I check the RGB colour on the scheme and then search for it on the Style.xml file in Text Edit. So if you want to replace it with a different colour it is easy to locate and you can then pick the colour you want (the Digital Colour Meter again can be used to help pick a colour). The png files I can change in Preview for the most part. There are no doubt more sophisticated ways of doing this but for a simple colour or background colour change it works quite well.
Gary Shepherd