iPerformer's Mods New Updates For DP7.11

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
KEVORKIAN
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW iPerformer's Aruma Mod for DP7!!

Post by KEVORKIAN »

frankymax wrote:Thanks Amergin, for your detailed report on how to do this, but that's exactly what I did and my result was the inability to launch DP7 after I did it. I instead got an error message telling me DP could not open. It seems obvious now to me that I must have done something wrong since no one else has had this problem, so I'll just try it again, but I don't relish having to reinstall again from scratch and going through if it fails again. It could be that there's something screwy on my Mac but that doesn't make sense since this mod only affects DP and the program otherwise seems to work flawlessly. I'll give it another try when I get time and report back. Back to studying up on being a rocket scientist! :)
Did you try a restart?
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
frankymax

Post by frankymax »

KEVORKIAN wrote:
Did you try a restart?
Yep- also repaired permissions but to no avail. It not only wouldn't open DP but after I re-installed it still wouldn't give me a disc icon for DP7- I had to repair permissions again and restart to get my DP7 disk icon back. I'll try it again but not till I finish the project I'm working on. I'll report back with (hopefully) good news!
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
iPerformer

Post by iPerformer »

frankymax wrote:
KEVORKIAN wrote:
Did you try a restart?
Yep- also repaired permissions but to no avail. It not only wouldn't open DP but after I re-installed it still wouldn't give me a disc icon for DP7- I had to repair permissions again and restart to get my DP7 disk icon back. I'll try it again but not till I finish the project I'm working on. I'll report back with (hopefully) good news!
Hi Kevorkian. I suggest you to download aruma mod again and try to re-install it as it looks that you have one or more corrupted files. Once you downloaded it follow the step by step install guide (For Dark Mod but it works with all my mods) ... http://www.creativesoundlab.com/darkmod.html
Hope that helps.

To all of you Aruma Mod users I have to apoligize because i've been away for so long and I didn't uploaded Aruma' s 7.0.1 fix (I'll do it very soon waxman). :))
The reason is that I'm a brand new daddy and my little son gets all my attention lately and I must say I'm the happiest man on Earth :))
Anyway I also have to say that those nights that I'm expending awake are being very productive too ,so in a short time i'll upload aruma's fix (enable disable buttons on track window) plus what I think is the very best mod I've ever done (of course it's my opinion and my taste)
The new mod has no name yet but as I said to Frodo once is based on grey color (Gandalf the grey :))))
cheers and thanks for your patience!!!

iP
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

Aruma mod is working well for me. I was actually trying to assist frankymax in getting it going...
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
waxman

Post by waxman »

iPerformer wrote:
frankymax wrote:
KEVORKIAN wrote:
Did you try a restart?
Hi Kevorkian. I suggest you to download aruma mod again and try to re-install it as it looks that you have one or more corrupted files. Once you downloaded it follow the step by step install guide (For Dark Mod but it works with all my mods) ... http://www.creativesoundlab.com/darkmod.html
Hope that helps.

To all of you Aruma Mod users I have to apoligize because i've been away for so long and I didn't uploaded Aruma' s 7.0.1 fix (I'll do it very soon waxman). :))
The reason is that I'm a brand new daddy and my little son gets all my attention lately and I must say I'm the happiest man on Earth :))
Anyway I also have to say that those nights that I'm expending awake are being very productive too ,so in a short time i'll upload aruma's fix (enable disable buttons on track window) plus what I think is the very best mod I've ever done (of course it's my opinion and my taste)
The new mod has no name yet but as I said to Frodo once is based on grey color (Gandalf the grey :))))
cheers and thanks for your patience!!!

iP
Man that is so awesome. Being a dad is still the most wonderful thing. You are blessed. My son is 16 but the best days of my life were the first years with him. By the way you will never sleep again...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

I just want to get this right...In your instructions when you say "replace" do you mean trash the original files and put these in their place...?? I don't want to create havoc that's why I am asking. Thanks
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

OK....I figured it out but my screen shots don't look anything like the first post.....?? I am running the very latest versions of SL and DP...? wonder what the problem could be..??
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

OK...ignore all my last posts..I figured out the problem...I just hadn't had enough coffee yet..it is working fine now and is a lot more pleasing on the eyes..especially since I have two 23in screens and they are BRIGHT. Thanks a lot Iperf for all your hard work..!! Mark
Hideout
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Hideout »

Why doesn't MOTU just fully sanction "Skinning" in DP so that guys like iPerformer can make a buck or two? It's obviously doable. A cool thing to maybe add is a way to use a couple of slider controls that can change the front-most window's color, and contrast and save it as a preference. There could even be radio button so that you can choose All Windows or Front-Most Window only.

H.
Without music, Life would be a Mistake
- Nietzsche

Post by corbo-billy »

Hi _

I like to change the color Meter's deviation near faders in the Mixer's window because I think the blue on blue is not very visible.
I can not find the png file affected by the deviation of this fader in the mixer.
I want it to be yellow or green, is this possible ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
iPerformer

Post by iPerformer »

Hi everybody!
As I promised here is the fix for Aruma Mod. This file fixes the Enable/disable button on tracks window. Now one can tell when it's on or off.
Just cntrl click your DP7.0x copy select show package contents, open contents folder, then English folder then Images folder and drag the fix file into that folder and replace the old one.
Here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/719880/Aruma%20 ... ix.zip.zip

If you guys liked Aruma Mod I suggest you to take a look to my new Uqi Mod:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=39216

Cheers!

iP.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Does the ARUMA GUI valid after the update to version 7.02 ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
iPerformer

Post by iPerformer »

corbo-billy wrote:Does the ARUMA GUI valid after the update to version 7.02 ?
Hi corbo-billy.
Aruma Mod works flawless with DP 7.02. Don't forget to get the fix.
Cheers.
iP.
waxman

Post by waxman »

The Uqi and the the fix is wonderful... thanks for all your great work. Bless that baby!!! :D
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Only downside is that when I chose the "marker" view in the transport bar it´s written in DARK BLUE... I can´t really read it!!!
Could this be fixed? :idea:
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com