THANK YOU, "MAGIC DAVE" ROBERTS!!!!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: THANK YOU, "MAGIC DAVE" ROBERTS!!!!!

Post by labman »

Agreed on all counts. I extremely enjoyed my interactions with Dave. A gentleman and true thorough pro. Best wishes Dave, in all your new 'adventures'!!!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Gravity Jim »

Well, shoot.

"Magic" Dave Roberts has been my single greatest source for accurate tech support and for general info. He even helped me debug the problems between my Line 6 Variax interface and my ancient MIDI TimePiece AV... discontinued unit + unit from another manufacture = "get lost, buddy" most of the time, but Dave dug in and made a few suggestions that worked.

I don't like it when a guy who has 24 years with a company - and presumably an equity stake - decides to book it to another outfit. It doesn't look good.

I'm sad. So long, Mr. Magic. You will be deeply missed.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
rlcartwright

Post by rlcartwright »

Hi Dave:

Your transition is definitely a great loss to MOTU and to all of us. Here's wishing you an exciting and fulfilling future in your new endeavor! There's no doubt that you will be successful, judging from past experience. Be well!

Robert Cartwright
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

Thanks for all your time and help here Dave, and best of luck in your future!
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
midilance

Post by midilance »

Dave's going to leave a big hole at MotU. I can't count the times he bailed me out of another mess and never made me feel like an idiot. Thanks Dave. I wish you the very best.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
zuul-studios

Post by zuul-studios »

Thank You, Dave, for your work at MOTU and your contribution to Digital Performer. I love this program and how I'm able to translate my compositional ideas through it and hear the music. I wish you well on your new venture. I'm sure you will be missed at MOTU.
Computer:
Apple's M2 Mac Studio with 96 RAM; macOS X 14.5; 1 Internal SSD, 8 External SSDs, MOTU 828es audio device, AKAI MPK88 Keyboard Controller

Software:
DP11.31, Logic Pro X, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve; VSL's Super Package, VEPro 7 & MIR Pro, VI Pro 2; Altiverb 8; Cinesample's CineSympnony Complete Bundle; Native-Instrument's Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition, and many more VIs.
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Thank you, Magic Dave!! You will be missed indeed.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
dreamuse

Post by dreamuse »

Dave, you've been so helpful and professional over the years, and I wish you nothing but the best in this new chapter!

Len
2013 Trashcan, 12 core, 10.14.6, 64GB RAM,
http://www.uncannymusic.com
waxman

Post by waxman »

I agree with all the previous congrats and well wishes...
However you are not leaving without giving me your private cell #...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
magicd

Post by magicd »

waxman wrote:I agree with all the previous congrats and well wishes...
867 5309 :lol:

My personal email is dave@magicd.com

Dave
labman

Post by labman »

magicd wrote:

Dave
Your phone number sorta dates you Dave. LOL
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

labman wrote:
magicd wrote:

Dave
Your phone number sorta dates you Dave. LOL
Well, Dave is still younger than me. I would have said 634-5789...
peace,
Frank Dickinson
90 East Productions
Our "lockdown" videos!
djdayson

Post by djdayson »

Thanks Magic Dave, as I remember way back to my first Mac 512 KE running Performer 1.0 LOL (with it's optional $600 20M HD LOL!).

Good luck going forward!

Doug
waxman

Post by waxman »

magicd wrote:

My personal email is dave@magicd.com

Dave
I keep calling and getting some chick named Jenny. Is that your secretary?
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
stringtheory

Post by stringtheory »

Magic Dave, thank you for the years of working with us, your help and consideration were generous beyond heroism!
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)