Applied Acoustics Systems Ultra Analog VA-1 Bargain-$15

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Arceo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Applied Acoustics Systems Ultra Analog VA-1 Bargain-$15

Post by Arceo »

Hi Guys,
I did follow the procedure to buy Ultra Analog and my paypal account has been charged. Then I've been redirected to the audiomidi site but there were no link for download. Do you guys know whether am I supposed to download the trial version or I must sit and wait for the download link as well as the license number?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Arceo
tonester

Post by tonester »

Arceo wrote:Hi Guys,
I did follow the procedure to buy Ultra Analog and my paypal account has been charged. Then I've been redirected to the audiomidi site but there were no link for download. Do you guys know whether am I supposed to download the trial version or I must sit and wait for the download link as well as the license number?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Arceo
The download links should come in a separate eMail. That's what i got. The subject line was "aM". But no serial as of yet. Since they are in CA, and I'm on the East Coast, that might be the reason. Hope so.......
wurliuchi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by wurliuchi »

You can call AudioMIDI.com: 866-283-4601
DP 6.03 • MacPro 2x3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon • 9 GB RAM • 10.5.7 • Prayers
zed

Post by zed »

tonester wrote:The download links should come in a separate eMail. That's what i got. The subject line was "aM".
Yeah... immediately after making the purchase you should have received an automated e-mail with the subject heading "aM" which contained download links (including one for the PDF manual). That e-mail makes it clear that even if you have the trial version installed you MUST download the software again using the links provided in that e-mail. The trial version cannot be authorized.

The trial version is what you have to use, however, if you want to play with the program before the serial numbers arrive. But I'm sure that once you get in touch with someone at Audiomidi, they will set you up pretty quickly with the full version and serial number.
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
Arceo

Post by Arceo »

Thank you Guys,
I really appreciate your help and it saved my day.

My email client must have been messed up and I found the message from audiomidi in the trash, I couldn't have found it without your hints.

Ok, so I got the download link and I just have to wait for the license number. The time difference from Italy to USA West Coast should be 9 hours, so I'd better sit and relax in the meantime :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers
Arceo
wurliuchi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by wurliuchi »

Arceo wrote:Thank you Guys,
I really appreciate your help and it saved my day.

My email client must have been messed up and I found the message from audiomidi in the trash, I couldn't have found it without your hints.

Ok, so I got the download link and I just have to wait for the license number. The time difference from Italy to USA West Coast should be 9 hours, so I'd better sit and relax in the meantime :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers
Arceo
I ordered this at 6 AM this morning and I got my serial number (two of them) in less than a minute. I'm in California.

Maybe they have to manually check and okay international orders? or your serial numbers are also in the trash?

email
Subject: audioMIDI.com Ultra Analog - Serial Number Information
Sender: sales@audiomidi.com
DP 6.03 • MacPro 2x3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon • 9 GB RAM • 10.5.7 • Prayers
Arceo

Post by Arceo »

wurliuchi wrote: or your serial numbers are also in the trash?

...nope! I've been dumb enough to let my email client put some messages in the trash :oops: , but once I realize what happened, I took a good look at the trash's content :)

Anyway I'm not alone on this boat, a couple of post upper thare are other folks waiting for license numbers.

Thank you wurliuchi for your suggestions.

Cheers
Arceo
Dan Walsh

Post by Dan Walsh »

wurliuchi wrote:
I ordered this at 6 AM this morning and I got my serial number (two of them) in less than a minute. I'm in California.
I also got 2 serial numbers within seconds of placing the order last week when the deal 1st appeared.
iMac 3.06 i3|OSX 10.6.8|8 gig ram||DP 7.24|Motu 896HD|2 Avalon VT 737's|Presonus ADL600|Slate VCC|Superior Drummer 2|EZ Drummer|1.1.6|Kontakt Player 4.1|Steven Slate Drums EX|SampleTank 2 XTAntares ATR-1|Presonus Central Station|Neumann TLM 103|Rode NT1|Audio Technica AT 4033 X2| Rode NT-5's|and lot's of other junk
tonester

Post by tonester »

Well, I'm glad you guys have had success. Still waiting for my serial. But I did open the standalone version, and you can use it for 15 days without authorization, so for now that's a quick fix. Haven't tried the plug-in in DP6 yet. I guess I'll give audiomidi a call at some point. :wink:

Tony
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Did the people who didn't get the serial using PayPal or did you do a credit card?

I already had an AudioMidi account and was logged in and paid with a credit card (actually VISA debit card) and received download link and TWO SERIAL NUMBERS instantaneously. Something is wrong with the two serial numbers it seems. AudioMIDI needs to sort this out.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
zed

Post by zed »

James Steele wrote:Did the people who didn't get the serial using PayPal or did you do a credit card?
I ordered using PayPal, late Friday night, and had the e-mail with the serial number on Monday morning.

But I only got one serial number. :-(

What if I want to use 2 instances of the plugin? ;-)
Arceo

Post by Arceo »

James Steele wrote:Did the people who didn't get the serial using PayPal or did you do a credit card?
I payed mine with Paypal few hours ago and still "no joy" :D

zed wrote:What if I want to use 2 instances of the plugin? ;-)
from Applied Acoustic website http://www.applied-acoustics.com/ultraanalog/buy/:

What's included with my purchase?

* Download link for the Windows or Universal Binary Mac OS X installer
* Serial number(s)
* License for two computer installations (e.g. a laptop and desktop)
* Standalone application
* VST and RTAS plug-ins for Windows
* Audio Unit, VST, and RTAS plug-ins for Mac OS X
* Manual(s) (PDF)

Cheers
Arceo
zed

Post by zed »

Arceo wrote:I payed mine with Paypal few hours ago and still "no joy" :D
As I'm sure you already know from the statement in their first e-mail: "Please allow approximately 4 business days (usually same day) for this process to happen."

Arceo wrote:* License for two computer installations (e.g. a laptop and desktop)
Thanks for the link. I would take it to mean that installation on two computers is allowed, using the same single serial number. I suspect that those who actually received 2 separate serial numbers are the beneficiaries of a glitch in the delivery system. (Not that it is a real benefit).
tonester

Post by tonester »

Arceo wrote:
I payed mine with Paypal few hours ago and still "no joy" :D

zed wrote:What if I want to use 2 instances of the plugin? ;-)
from Applied Acoustic website http://www.applied-acoustics.com/ultraanalog/buy/:

What's included with my purchase?

* Download link for the Windows or Universal Binary Mac OS X installer
* Serial number(s)
* License for two computer installations (e.g. a laptop and desktop)
* Standalone application
* VST and RTAS plug-ins for Windows
* Audio Unit, VST, and RTAS plug-ins for Mac OS X
* Manual(s) (PDF)

Cheers
Arceo

I paid mine with PayPal, at around 7:30 AM MY time, and just got the serial number email. Maybe you'll just have to wait a little more.......

Off to make some noise!
Arceo

Post by Arceo »

I Got It!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ordered at 1.49 pm (local time) and license received at 9.54 pm.
That's what I call great costumer service!
I look forward to dealing again with Audiomidi, thumbs up!

Cheers
Arceo