Sweetwater / MOTUNATION Giveaway WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wylie1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sweetwater / MOTUNATION 8 Pre & MC Transport Giveaway!

Post by wylie1 »

I just got a call from my SW rep he said thanx for my entry and good luck.
Now I'm feeling lucky.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

bOing wrote:P.S. Pappy, you are blessed. :)

Thank you, thank you verry much...
bOing wrote:And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
I am SO close to DP 7 happiness! :D Three days of polkas and accordians this weekend and I am totally DP7 bound!!!

Oooh, I still want another 8Pre!!!

Pappy
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Very cool, I will post photos of it when I win. :wink:

I hear nothing but good things about Sweetwater and have been happy with all my dealings with them so : Thanks Sweetwater and James.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Bump. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bOing

Post by bOing »

Pappy725 wrote:Three days of polkas and accordians this weekend and I am totally DP7 bound!!!
Please think it over. That seems like an awful lot of suffering to endure for an upgrade. :)
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Last edited by Tritonemusic on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

bOing wrote:Please think it over. That seems like an awful lot of suffering to endure for an upgrade. :)
It's not that bad, free beer! :D

Which does help.

Pap
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

666 wrote:
Sweetwater reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the giveaway, reject any entry, or make any revisions to the
official rules as we deem necessary.
How very lame.
Standard boiler plate language probably. Don't enter then. It's lame that they're doing the giveaway and all people can do is find fault with something, but then that's how everything goes around here. :roll:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bOing

Post by bOing »

James Steele wrote:It's lame that they're doing the giveaway and all people can do is find fault with something, but then that's how everything goes around here. :roll:
I would be very happy with the contest, except for that one rule that says I can't enter. Beyond that, I don't care what the fine print says. Gimme free stuff! I also enjoy this forum, but not always what people are saying. I like Sweetwater, too. What's not to like. But I can't celebrate being shut out of the contest and so, I doth protest - "Yay, I can't win!"

P.S. That "everything" sounds so "always" and "never". I don't think you mean it that way, do you? [handing James a Life-Saver].
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
dpdan

Post by dpdan »

Sweetwater has the right to make their own rules, especially if they are creating a giveaway, it is to promote their company. I say it's good business. I don't see B&H Photo or Guitar Center or any other company stepping up to the plate to out class Sweetwater,... do any of you?

Go Sweetwater!
Dan
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

They may also be restricted to federal, state, and local rules.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
bOing

Post by bOing »

Ah, the bounty of nationalism. Can't wait till we stitch up this wounded world and find a way to share the prizes. But wait, there can only be one winner!

[Please rise for the Canadian National Anthem: "Oh, hockey sticks!...Made of Canadian wood products...(etc.)"]

Stop me, any time. No please, I'm begging.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And of course, Sweetwater will own all rights, title, interest and copyrights on anything you compose using their equipment. All will be a work made for hire. LOL!

Regis?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
wurliuchi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by wurliuchi »

Haven't I won this thing yet? Geez, what's taking so long? What's the 167th-place prize?
DP 6.03 • MacPro 2x3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon • 9 GB RAM • 10.5.7 • Prayers
bOing

Post by bOing »

I'm just trying both pieces out now. They work pretty good so far.