Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Slate Sub Can Now Include the SSL Complete Sub at No Extra Cost

Post by monkey man »

Anyone who has the Slate Digital sub can now get the SSL Complete deal included, so you get both sets of plugins at no extra cost! A no-brainer.

Just go to the Slate site and purchase the deal. It resets the date if you're on a yearly plan and charges for however many days have elapsed in the interim since you last paid.

Example:
I paid my sub only a couple o' days before seeing this deal, so I was charged a buck or two and my yearly payment moved from the 18th of November to the 21st.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

Is that a subscription. Call me a stodgy old guy, but I can't bring myself to do subscriptions no matter how great a deal they are. I just bristle at the idea of a monthly bill for software. I'm already sort of on the hook for $199/year for "support" for my Pro Tools Studio subscription.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
monkey man

Slate Sub Can Now Include the SSL Complete Sub at No Extra Cost

Post by monkey man »

I hear ya James; I've been against subs since the get-go.

I fell for the Slate one a few years ago 'though, swearing I'd make that the only one and have stuck by this.

The fact that you now get 33 SSL & Harrison plugins thrown into the deal as well at no extra cost makes it a no-brainer for anyone who's already-subbed.

What actually happens is that you're updating your "All-Access Pass" sub to what's called the "Slate Complete Access" one, which combines the All-Access Pass & SSL Complete collections.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
James Steele
Site Administrator

Cherry Audio Synth Stack 4 - $299 (or perhaps less)

Post by James Steele »

Cherry Audio Synth Stack 4 - $299 (or perhaps less)

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/c ... th-stack-4

Just got this in my email. Synth Stack 4, which appears to be everything Cherry Audio makes for $299. When I clicked the link, because I was logged into their side, my price was about $201. I assume that's because I already own a bunch of their VIs. Haven't done the math to see if it's worth it to me. Plus I've gone a little crazy with the sales having bought Arturia V Collection 9 and Korg Collection 4 recently on sale. Yikes....

synthstack4.jpg
synthstack4.jpg (446.7 KiB) Viewed 47675 times
Synth Stack 4 includes:

• Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums, a powerhouse collection of modular madness including 120 modules and over 600 presets.
• DCO-106, a stunning recreation of the much-loved Juno-106 polysynth of the 80's.
• CA2600, a powerful, self-contained duophonic synthesizer inspired by the groundbreaking ARP 2600 synthesizer.
• Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer, a super authentic recreation of the fun and funky Moog MG-1 synthesizer sold in Radio Shack stores in 80s.
• Polymode, inspired by the groundbreaking Moog Polymoog synthesizer, one of the world’s first polyphonic synthesizers.
• Eight Voice, a meticulous emulation of the immense Oberheim Eight Voice, one of the world’s rarest and most desirable vintage instruments.
• PS-20, an ultra-realistic, polyphonic, hot-rodded tribute to Korg's renowned MS-20.
• Memorymode, based upon the Memorymoog, one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synthesizers of the 80s.
• Mercury-4, a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970's, the Roland Jupiter-4.
• Quadra, a reimagining of one of the quirkiest, rarest, and most curiosity-inspiring vintage synthesizers of all time, the 1978 ARP Quadra.
• Dreamsynth, a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
• Miniverse, a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers focused on a single principle: absolute authenticity.
• Lowdown recreates the super-fat, room-rattling sounds of the most legendary dual-oscillator bass pedal synth ever made.
• Elka-X, the award-winning virtual synthesizer based upon the legendary Synthex, a rare Italian analog synth manufactured by ELKA in the early eighties.
• Sines, a sensational and innovative original polyphonic synthesizer that utilizes diverse waveshaping methods to bend pure waveforms into infinitely variable and complex shapes.
• GX-80, Cherry Audio's visionary flagship synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled Yamaha GX-1 "Dream Machine" and its renowned descendant, the CS-80.
• New! Mercury-6, a meticulous recreation of the Jupiter-6 analog synthesizer, just in time for its 40th anniversary!
• New! Novachord + Solovox, a collection emulating two early electronic instruments that were precursors of modern synthesizers.
• New! Octave Cat, a meticulous recreation of The CAT duophonic synthesizer unleashed by Octave Electronics in 1976.
• New! Harmonia, a wildly innovative original from Cherry Audio, designed to easily create rich, evolving polyphonic tones through its intuitive visual interface.
• New! PS-3300, an exactingly faithful virtual analog emulation of the colossal and ultra-rare semi-modular analog polyphonic synthesizer released by KORG in 1977.
• New! Pro Soloist, the latest in Cherry Audio's roster of "what if?" virtual instruments that replicates and goes beyond the treasured, preset-based analog synth originally released by ARP in 1972.

Synth Stack 4 virtual instruments are provided in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.

macOS Requirements: macOS 10.13 or above. 64-bit required. Native Apple M1 or greater processor support, including Ultra. 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended. Hard disk space: 620 MB (for all products combined)

Windows Requirements: Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required. 3.4 GHz Quad-Core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended. Hard disk space: 620 MB (for all products combined)

NOTE: Internet connection required for product activation.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Michael Canavan

Re: Cherry Audio Synth Stack 4 - $299 (or perhaps less)

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:59 pm Cherry Audio Synth Stack 4 - $299 (or perhaps less)
I'll say it. their emulations are weak, they sound nothing like the synths they supposedly emulate, and personally I think they sound in general l worse than any other company making emulations. They have sales all the time, but it doesn't get rid of the noticeable aliasing and thinness, coupled with significant CPU use. Not a fan, their non emulation stuff like Voltage Modular etc. isn't bad, but the sheer laziness in the emulation of the Memorymoog they did just killed my interest in their products completely.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by James Steele »

Michael Canavan wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:24 am
James Steele wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:59 pm Cherry Audio Synth Stack 4 - $299 (or perhaps less)
I'll say it. their emulations are weak, they sound nothing like the synths they supposedly emulate, and personally I think they sound in general l worse than any other company making emulations. They have sales all the time, but it doesn't get rid of the noticeable aliasing and thinness, coupled with significant CPU use. Not a fan, their non emulation stuff like Voltage Modular etc. isn't bad, but the sheer laziness in the emulation of the Memorymoog they did just killed my interest in their products completely.
Hehehe... well I'm certainly glad you didn't hold that in, Michael! I shall rename the topic "Plug-in Sales and Special Deals & Why You Hate Said Plugs."

Honestly, I'm just passing along a deal. Also, personally, I'm a guitar player and not a keyboardist/synthesist, so I'm not a purist. If it sounds good and I can use it, I'm not really hung up on how closely it replicates the original. I bought a few Cherry Audio VIs piecemeal and have been happy with them but don't feel compelled to buy the bundle. They sound good to me, but then again, what the hell do I know?

Anyway... if anyone is sitting on the fence, it's good that you're here to dissuade them. I am concerned a little bit though that if this topic becomes more about expressing opinions about the plugs that are posted, others with different opinions might choose to jump and soon people will have to wade through the debate to find the deals... which is what this topic is fundamentally about. As it is now, clearly I'm the one sharing most of the "deals" that I happen to come across by chance. I will continue to post them here and invite comments from the gallery. It would be nice perhaps if others took the time to post any particularly good deals on synths they like, too.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Robotic Bean Hand Clap Studio $29

Post by James Steele »

Once again for any fellow Boz El Clapo refugees who have given up in it becoming Apple Silicon native, here's a good alternative on sale again: Hand Clap Studio.

https://roboticbean.com/products/hand-clap-studio/

Oh yes... and if you think it sucks and sounds nothing like handclaps, please let me know! 8)

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:38 pm Hehehe... well I'm certainly glad you didn't hold that in, Michael! I shall rename the topic "Plug-in Sales and Special Deals & Why You Hate Said Plugs."

Honestly, I'm just passing along a deal. Also, personally, I'm a guitar player and not a keyboardist/synthesist, so I'm not a purist.
Guitar here too. But I'd have to agree with Michael. I tried out some Cherry synths, and thought "meh". And at $299, it's not a much of a bargain. I get that you're just passing on info on a "deal", but the thread seems as good a place as any for criticism of the plugin in offer.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

As anticipated, picked up SoundID Reference... price cut is nice: $100 off the software; $20 off the mic if purchased with the software. Price cut on the Multi-channel version is less enticing: $50 off. Virtual Monitoring is also on sale if you like that sort of thing.

https://www.sonarworks.com/soundid-refe ... -reference
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:…but the thread seems as good a place as any for criticism of the plugin in offer.
Or the plugs. Have at it. Anyway people can always do demos. I just pass them along. Luckily the messenger will survive.

James Steele
Site Administrator

SSL X-Comp on sale for $19.99 at Audio Deluxe

Post by James Steele »

SSL X-Comp on sale for $19.99 at Audio Deluxe

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/so ... ive-x-comp

James Steele
Site Administrator

Melda Plugins updated from 16.09 to 16.10

Post by James Steele »

Melda Plugins updated from 16.09 to 16.10

These all got an update according to an email I received from them this morning.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/downloads

James Steele
Site Administrator

Vienna Ensemble Pro Update

Post by James Steele »

Vienna Ensemble Pro Update

New build (3449) that replaces (3440) just popped up in Vienna Assistant.
Fixed MacOS (Intel): Various third party VST/VST3 plug-ins failed scanning
I probably don't need to do this since I'm on Apple Silicon, but what the heck...

James Steele
Site Administrator

Komplete Kontrol 3.0.3 available

Post by James Steele »

Komplete Kontrol 3.0.3 available

Looks like this just released. Download via Native Access. I'm laying back for now on 2.9.4 but passing along for those using version 3.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:55 pm Or the plugs.
Certainly. Most of that would help.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8