DP 11.11 and latest Softube plugins update issue

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
npj
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 11.11 and latest Softube plugins update issue

Post by npj »

James Steele wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:02 pm I managed to reach out to someone at MOTU, and it seems they think everything is behaving as it should on their end and Softube might have to work something out. I also know another guy with connections at Softube who told me that sometimes there are DAW-specific idiosyncrasies that have to ironed out. It's not necessarily indicative of a DAW developer dropping the ball, but due to some of the vagaries of plug-in standards. But I know that MOTU is aware of it and people are on the case. I'd love to have the color support as it would help me find a track more quickly on the OSD.
It couldn't be an easy task for Softube's plugin code to 'hook' into DP... Glad to hear both are working on it.

Colour support would be really great. 🤞🏼
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

npj wrote:I just found a setting inside Console 1's OSD that stops this from happening! It's in the OSD Settings > Alert Notifications > Alert DAW Features > (and I've changed it to) Never.

Now I don't need to hit the OK button on the C1 hardware when switching between AU / VST3 projects. Image

(Sorry for going kind off topic.. Just thought I'd mention as fellow C1 users are here)
Actually this is really a useful find! I find this was always popping up when going from Pro Tools to DP and vice versa since Pro Tools Console 1 support is so limited compared to DP. Since it’s purely informational and I just reflexively dismiss it whenever it pops up, definitely a great idea to turn this off!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Finally grabbed a screen capture of the dialog that pops up over the Console 1 OSD when I boot my Mac. I have never seen this before until the most recent Console 1 software update. I wonder what it's doing here?

newconsole1dialogatboot.gif
newconsole1dialogatboot.gif (8.73 KiB) Viewed 131 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!