Off-Topic: Need a Web Recommendation

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Off-Topic: Need a Web Recommendation

Post by Rick Cornish »

tremo wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:13 am I've used Dreamhost for my WordPress sites for over 10 years, and my experience has been like you said -- no hosting problems (well, they had a few short outages, but that hasn't happened for quite a few years now), and support when I needed it.

I pay $286 up front for 3 years -- a bit of a discount from the annual rate. Not sure if $95/year qualifies as inexpensive though...
Thanks for the recommendation, Tremo!

After doing my own research, I decided to go with DreamHost and have not been disappointed. Just migrated my second website to them without a blip. I have had to get myself up to speed on some things I didn't know about before, but I've had the time to dive into it. Migrating email has been more difficult (*for me*), but I've been impressed by the support thus far. And the price is right: $148 for 3 years hosting two sites + email. That saved me $1800+ over the 3 years—and that's before the cost of support that I was paying at my old host (which could easily have added thousands more).

I love this forum.

:dance:
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
tremo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Off-Topic: Need a Web Recommendation

Post by tremo »

Rick Cornish wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:04 am
Thanks for the recommendation, Tremo!

I love this forum.

:dance:
Excellent! Glad Dreamhost is working out well for you, Rick!
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.5 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.6 | Logic 11