DP 10: a second attempt

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 10: one thing after the other

Post by Gravity Jim »

I've got 9.52 running, and that's all I wanted. We're done here.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

Final (I hope) update on this from me. I removed the MAS folder and the two preferences folders that Brendan recommended and reinstalled DP10. Everything worked fine. I went through my previous MAS folder and compared it to the one that had just been installed and saw that there were some slightly older versions of some WaveArts plugins in that folder. I confirmed that adding them into the active MAS folder caused DP to crash, so I removed them and installed the most recent version of those plugs and everything seems to be working now with full functionality.
-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Again, Waves is the culprit!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Again, Waves is the culprit!
WaveArts. Not Waves.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

bkshepard wrote:Final (I hope) update on this from me. I removed the MAS folder and the two preferences folders that Brendan recommended and reinstalled DP10. Everything worked fine. I went through my previous MAS folder and compared it to the one that had just been installed and saw that there were some slightly older versions of some WaveArts plugins in that folder. I confirmed that adding them into the active MAS folder caused DP to crash, so I removed them and installed the most recent version of those plugs and everything seems to be working now with full functionality.
Not surprised at all. First thing I did when installing DP10 and getting crashes on start while examining plug ins was to update all of mine that I could think of, problem solved.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

I had forgotten that the WaveArts stuff had been installed as MAS. I figured all the MAS stuff was original MOTU, so I didn't think to check that directory. Live and learn...
-Brian

Michael Canavan

bkshepard wrote:I had forgotten that the WaveArts stuff had been installed as MAS. I figured all the MAS stuff was original MOTU, so I didn't think to check that directory. Live and learn...
I've got Trackplug installed as MAS, and no issues, but you might have a much older version of their stuff. I bought it for $15 on some super flash sale, mostly for the drastic 100% removal of highs and lows.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

bayswater wrote:
WaveArts. Not Waves.
My bad. Thanks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
bayswater wrote:
WaveArts. Not Waves.
My bad. Thanks.
We'll wave that one off MLC. :surrender:
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
bayswater wrote:
WaveArts. Not Waves.
My bad. Thanks.
It was near happy hour on a Friday. Perfectly understandable.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

Michael Canavan wrote:I've got Trackplug installed as MAS, and no issues, but you might have a much older version of their stuff. I bought it for $15 on some super flash sale, mostly for the drastic 100% removal of highs and lows.
Actually, the version I had was 5.8.8 and the current version is 5.8.9. I try to keep my plugins updated to prevent these sorts of issues. But, apparently being 0.0.1 off was enough. :shock:
-Brian

Michael Canavan

bkshepard wrote:
Michael Canavan wrote:I've got Trackplug installed as MAS, and no issues, but you might have a much older version of their stuff. I bought it for $15 on some super flash sale, mostly for the drastic 100% removal of highs and lows.
Actually, the version I had was 5.8.8 and the current version is 5.8.9. I try to keep my plugins updated to prevent these sorts of issues. But, apparently being 0.0.1 off was enough. :shock:
Yeah in the process of updating various plug in sets I was seeing some ancient dates, Ohm Force plug ins for instance haven't been updated since 2013..
I'm not that guy, but Metric Halo Transient Control, Slate Trigger 2, Air Hybrid and Xpand2 are all hard failing DPs plug in management tests. Time to write the developers..

I'd be writing all day if I was to do that for VST3 <-- obvious why that format is taking so long to become the standard.
difab4

Post by difab4 »

Well I think I'll be waiting for .1 or .2.
It's always a good idea with any big new version.
I can live without the scalable GUI a little longer...
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

This morning I tried creating a new user ID, but I never found out if DP 9.5 would run okay in the new environment because it was taking a ridiculous amount of time to validate AU plugs. After about 30 minutes, it had managed to validate about a dozen of my 640+ plug ins.

I can't run DP10, and I can't run 9.52. So I'm done. My career is close to ending, and I can finish it up using Logic.

The members of this forum have been an extraordinary resource over the 25 years I've been using MOTU software and hardware... especially James Steele, for putting up with the frustrations to keep us going. Thank you all very much.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
toddbooster
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by toddbooster »

Michael Canavan wrote:I'd be writing all day if I was to do that for VST3 <-- obvious why that format is taking so long to become the standard.
It's not taking long to become the standard, it is the defacto standard; the VST2 API is deprecated, and DP is one of the last mainstream DAWs to implement VST3 support.

The DP plugin scanner is bonkers. It routinely fails known good actors that perform flawlessly everywhere else. I used Slate VMR and VTT the entire time I ran 9.5 with no issues, despite failing validation. I'd take DPs assessment of a plugin's quality with a seriously big grain of salt.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB, Windows 10 Pro, DP 10.13, MOTU Ultralite AVB.