Migrated from Kontakt... missing in Machfive 3...

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

BOOMXL
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Migrated from Kontakt... missing in Machfive 3...

Post by BOOMXL »

"Exclusive group does that AFAIK so indeed please check again."

I just loaded a 10 second sample, set it to one shot and then set the exclusive group setting to 1. The notes still played over the top of each other and didn't cut off when retriggered :(
System Spec:
Windows 7 [32 bit]
Intel Core2Duo
4GB RAM
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hugy »

BOOMXL wrote:"Exclusive group does that AFAIK so indeed please check again."

I just loaded a 10 second sample, set it to one shot and then set the exclusive group setting to 1. The notes still played over the top of each other and didn't cut off when retriggered :(
Just tried and it works fine here.
All your samples are in the same part and in the same layer ?

Keygroup with the same exclusive group are only exclusive if they are in the same layer
BOOMXL
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BOOMXL »

I'm not sure what you're doing but it's not working for me. Are you on the MAC or PC?

As I said, I followed very simple steps and it still overlaps. Remember, I want layers and the program set to POLY but only at the keygroup level set to mono retrigger.

1>I opened an empty Machfive instance.
2>Dragged in one 3 second sample (set to one shot by default) and assigned it to a single key (not across more than one note).
3>I left the layer & program POLY modes set to POLY & POLY 16 (or whatever is the default number).
4>I accessed the inspector for the keygroup in question and assigned the exclusive group to 1.

5>The sample over still overlaps when I retrigger it :(

I must be missing something but surely it should be as straight forward as I've outlined?

On a side note, today I also ran into another small issue that's causing confusion.

I'm trying to send individual sounds in a kit through AUX effects sends but am having no luck whatsoever. I set up a Reverb at the Program Effect level (which first of all sends the entire kit through the effect which isn't what I want).. And then I go to the inspector and adjust the Program AUX send level to it's maximum (6db I think). Nothing is happening. I can't seem to get this setting to do anything and I've put FX in I think every possible location to send it though. I checked the manual but if anything, it just confused matters. I'm trying to add Reverb to a single snare hit in a user drum kit I've created.

Can you or anyone else help on this??

Thanks
System Spec:
Windows 7 [32 bit]
Intel Core2Duo
4GB RAM
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hugy »

BOOMXL wrote:I'm not sure what you're doing but it's not working for me. Are you on the MAC or PC?

As I said, I followed very simple steps and it still overlaps. Remember, I want layers and the program set to POLY but only at the keygroup level set to mono retrigger.

1>I opened an empty Machfive instance.
2>Dragged in one 3 second sample (set to one shot by default) and assigned it to a single key (not across more than one note).
3>I left the layer & program POLY modes set to POLY & POLY 16 (or whatever is the default number).
4>I accessed the inspector for the keygroup in question and assigned the exclusive group to 1.

5>The sample over still overlaps when I retrigger it :(

I must be missing something but surely it should be as straight forward as I've outlined?

On a side note, today I also ran into another small issue that's causing confusion.

I'm trying to send individual sounds in a kit through AUX effects sends but am having no luck whatsoever. I set up a Reverb at the Program Effect level (which first of all sends the entire kit through the effect which isn't what I want).. And then I go to the inspector and adjust the Program AUX send level to it's maximum (6db I think). Nothing is happening. I can't seem to get this setting to do anything and I've put FX in I think every possible location to send it though. I checked the manual but if anything, it just confused matters. I'm trying to add Reverb to a single snare hit in a user drum kit I've created.

Can you or anyone else help on this??

Thanks
Oh I see, in my case, I have drag n drop each sample to their own keys.

Regarding aux, you need to put the reverb on one of the aux of the program (not the insert), you can access it using the treeview where you first need to toggle on Aux FX and Sends display if this isn't the case by default (tree view header)

HTH