New Themes with D.P. 8

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: New Themes with D.P. 8

Post by amplidood »

I'll have a new color guide done fairly soon to help with customizing your own shading prefs...
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

corbo-billy wrote:
Guitar Gaz wrote:I would like to but not sure how to post pictures here on Motunation - if someone has a tip?
Must already archive your images on an archive site: personally, I just use Facebook.
Then use the form in the body of a message response keys "img" and there is more to insert the address of the image between the two tags "img".

With what do you open this .xml file ?
EDIT: I use TextEdit . :wink:
Thanks - I will use Facebook. And yes Text Edit is the app to use.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

It's strange because every time I load tests and the rise of Themes in DP _ I just got done from my link and no problem in DP 8 on my machine.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

If you install the Xcode tools from your OS X installer DVD you get a great app called Dashcode which makes working with these kind of files soooooo simple.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Many thanks: otherwise, I have not edited the file .XML of the Theme: should he do ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

My "Close to the Edge" scheme and my Green Theme.
Last edited by Guitar Gaz on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Indeed, we note the work for the background: very cool with these small pictures which adds additional customization.
Finally, I hesitated but did well to start this topic . 8)

Many thanks for the tip on the .xml file .
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

corbo-billy wrote: With what do you open this .xml file ?
EDIT: I use TextEdit . :wink:
I think it's easier to see what you're editing in Textwrangler.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

corbo-billy wrote:Indeed, we note the work for the background: very cool with these small pictures which adds additional customization.
Finally, I hesitated but did well to start this topic . 8)

Many thanks for the tip on the .xml file .
Just experiment - and take the bits you want from other schemes - see my green theme. Add photos etc - its quite easy.
Gary Shepherd
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Yes, I begin to understand. It's great _ :headbang:

corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Guitar Gaz wrote:My "Close to the Edge" scheme and my Green Theme.
If you like the green color ... :wink:

EDIT: it's avalaible HERE _ :|
Last edited by corbo-billy on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Nice - it becomes a bit addictive doesn't it?
Gary Shepherd
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Completely: I'm not entirely finished this theme but I am now addicted to discovering new possibilities.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

amplidood wrote:I'll have a new color guide done fairly soon to help with customizing your own shading prefs...
I seemed to have tracked down the Color Schemes issue - my customised Track Color Schemes and also some of yours Andy went missing in DP8. This seems to be because under DP8 there is a new preference file called Track Color Schemes that was not there before - and I know this is the place customised ones are stored because I did a quick duplicate and new named scheme in DP8 and this was the file that had been updated. So what I did was to copy my DP7 Color Schemes file and then rename it Tracj Color Schemes. My customised color schemes and your Ampgui ones reappeared in DP8.
Gary Shepherd
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Could you list the color codes with a single number? I noticed that there were some in the XML file and can't find them with DigitalColor Meter.