Why is Motu the last to let us know?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mikebeckmotu
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mikebeckmotu »

enigmatunes wrote:How much can we gain from knowing more about it ahead of time? (?)
In my case, I'd like to know more about it for the tech stuff. For instance, I'm still running OSX 10.3.9 and my system is stable. If I have to upgrade to Tiger to run DP5, this will be a major project for me (I have lots of graphics and audio software for two businesses), and I'd like to have some warning, since I will want to be able to use DP5 as soon as I can. Otherwise it doesn't concern me much. I guess I'm used to it from many years of using Adobe apps, and they never release info until the product ships.
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet