Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:One can never know for sure of course, but when it comes to iZotope it's usually a matter of the company's uber-slow update cycle and not an EOL situation.

Ozone's been in hyper-drive for years, whereas BreakTweaker and Iris...
Uber-slow hyper drive?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

LOL There's no in-between setting with iZ-a-spoke transportation 'though, Stoivo.

You're either breaking land-speed records (and the bank with the yearly fuel-upgrade bills), or wondering if you'll ever drive (crawl) the rig that badly needs an upgrade (yes, Mr. BreakTweaker, I'm talking about you!)...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
emulatorloo

Waves CLA MixHub $43.11 at audio deluxe.com

Post by emulatorloo »

This is that new Chris Lord-Alge plug in from Waves that models his SSL console. The "buckets" one.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/cla-mixhub

Intro price is $69.00

Audiodeluxe WINTER2018 takes $7.42 off
Waves Valentine's day coupon LOVE30 takes another $18.47

I demo'd this yesterday, liked the sound of it. Like I need anymore WAVES plug-ins.

But at $43.11 could not pass it up.
dannyboyo666

Post by dannyboyo666 »

daniel.sneed wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:[...]Trash 2 is a great distortion plug for adding definition to bass.
I totally agree, Mike. Sort of enlightening tool when you don't want that very deep dub bass sound.
Thanks for hooking me up with these. I absolutely adore TAL Reverb. Here's a link to some decent free drum VSTs I found a while back: https://techraver.com/free-drum-vst-plugins/

To be honest, some of these are pretty decent while others are just meh. Each to their own.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Melda has MConvolutionMB on sale for another day:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MConvolutionMB

I think it came to about 32 bucks for me (with sales tax). I doesn't come with a ton of IRs, but if you already have a ton of IRs and use Proverb to open them, this is a good alternative with more options than Proverb. The interface is a little clunky but it has some nice options. It's actually pretty deep so I haven't had time to really dig into it and look at all the features, but the price was right.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

Eventide Blackhole is on sale for $29 for a couple of days in honor of the "first visual proof of a black hole" event:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... /blackhole

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

terrybritton wrote:Eventide Blackhole is on sale for $29 for a couple of days in honor of the "first visual proof of a black hole" event:

Terry
NIce find! Thanks!
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.32
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Nice. Bought it instantly! My only compliant is the the Kill, Hot Switch, and Freeze buttons don't record automation. Fortunately, the Ribbon does.

This is really very cool for sound design work. I can see using it in all sorts of unique, productive, and truly useful ways.

Funny, I got the email this morning and ignored it. I mean, how many reverbs does one need? In this case, it's much more than a reverb. It turned a simple V.O. into an abstract landscape of sound.

Thanks for the nudge!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay coooooooooooooooool .............................................................

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Re: Eventide Blackhole

Post by mikehalloran »

In short, Blackhole is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and again when reality just isn't enough.

How could I not?

If you've bought from Eventide before, there's a good chance that your plugs have had an upgrade since the last time you downloaded. I keep a list to make the comparison easy. If you took advantage of certain freebies long ago, they might not be listed in your account even though you have a valid license, the plugs still work and can be upgraded. Rather than logging into your account, this link lists everything making it easy to check version numbers against what has been installed on your system. You just download and install; no reauthorization necessary.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

terrybritton wrote:Eventide Blackhole is on sale for $29 for a couple of days in honor of the "first visual proof of a black hole" event:

Terry
How could I say nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

HCMarkus wrote:

Terry
How could I say nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?
:rofl:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Thanks a bunch for this, Mike. I checked and all my plugs were out of date. The only problem was that Fission was not to be found. A little searching revealed they changed the name to Physion. I d/l that and it authorized just fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine... fine...
mikehalloran wrote:
If you've bought from Eventide before, there's a good chance that your plugs have had an upgrade since the last time you downloaded. I keep a list to make the comparison easy. If you took advantage of certain freebies long ago, they might not be listed in your account even though you have a valid license, the plugs still work and can be upgraded. Rather than logging into your account, this link lists everything making it easy to check version numbers against what has been installed on your system. You just download and install; no reauthorization necessary.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Just used Black Hole in a mix and got a cool ambient effect on a vocal. Fun!

Like MLC, I saw the Eventide email, but the interest here at MOTUNation combined with my realization that this effect could be just the ticket for a current production pushed my desire for space over the top, with a great result. Thanks!
Basstrup

ALL FabFilter 40% Off - including bundles

Post by Basstrup »

FabFilter is celebrating 15th Anniversary and for the first time bundles are included in the sale. FabFilter offer 40% off the entire product line. Sale is running from April 15 - April 31st 2019. Sweetwater is participating - not sure if the sale is live on their site, but they are part of it, so there is even the possibility to do a 6 month no interest purchase.
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

HCMarkus wrote:Just used Black Hole in a mix and got a cool ambient effect on a vocal. Fun!

Like MLC, I saw the Eventide email, but the interest here at MOTUNation combined with my realization that this effect could be just the ticket for a current production pushed my desire for space over the top, with a great result. Thanks!
I got it too, despite my resolution to stop buying so many plugins. I have about 30 reverbs but always end up using just two of them. Maybe this one will be different?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8