Wavestation SR and Unisyn not communicating

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

SonicAlbert
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Wavestation SR and Unisyn not communicating

Post by SonicAlbert »

I'm having a heck of a time getting Unisyn 2.1.1 to talk to my Wavestation SR's. I keep getting checksum errors when trying to load the patches from the SR into Unisyn.

Device ID, channels, all that sort of stuff seem match. Any suggestions?
qsource

Post by qsource »

I sold my SR some time ago, but I recall this problem. I seem to recall that you can change the buffer settings both in the SR and in Unisyn (or maybe the MIDI driver). Sorry that I can't be more specific.

Stan (aka QSource)
--==<<>>==--
Ethno, Ivory, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Atmosphere,
Kontakt2, Absynth3, KLCDE
hosted in ProTools 7.1 on Mac OSX
http://muz4now.com/
mcoffey

Post by mcoffey »

Hi Sonic Albert .

I too was having a hell of a problem with an earlier version of Unisyn , trying to get sounds into my Wave Station AD ,
If you go to the M Coffey posting and thread you can get the correspondence between myself and e-snobben re Unisyn and the Wave Station .
I gave up on Unisyn and used DP to transmit all the Banks I had downloaded in QT MIDI files, instead of Sysex Dumps . It works beautifully .

Here is an excellent article that gives lots of info and a number of sites where you can download Wave station Banks in either Sysex or MIDI files .

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun02/a ... ontips.asp

With the MIDI files you just drag and drop them into DP tracks and transmit them directly to the Wave Station . You can also record transmisions from the Wave station to DP as MIDI info .

Hope this helps

Cheers
Marsha Coffey