Flutes question

Moderator: James Steele

ben_horwood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Flutes question

Post by ben_horwood »

Okay, I'm on the verge of buying ethno instrument.

However, listening to the demos it seems that all the flutes are loops and phrases.

Are there many/any flute multisamples? And how sucessfully do you think that they could be used in a piece?

Even better if you have a non-loop, non-phrase song with the flutes, can you please post here?

Kind regards,

Ben Horwood
ben_horwood

Post by ben_horwood »

Anyone?
qsource

Re: Flutes question

Post by qsource »

Yes. Ethno has flutes using multisamples. I don't have any songs recorded using them yet. What I can tell you is that their character is very ethnic, natural, real. They are limited to the actual range of the original instrument with all the idiosyncracies of a "real" flute sound (e.g., extra breath on some notes, slightly out of tune on others, etc.).

I highly recommend Ethno Instrument. Very useful sounds (and loops). 90% of the samples are excellent quality. The price is right.

I'd suggest you go for it.

Qsource

ben_horwood wrote:Okay, I'm on the verge of buying ethno instrument.

However, listening to the demos it seems that all the flutes are loops and phrases.

Are there many/any flute multisamples? And how sucessfully do you think that they could be used in a piece?

Even better if you have a non-loop, non-phrase song with the flutes, can you please post here?

Kind regards,

Ben Horwood
--==<<>>==--
Ethno, Ivory, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Atmosphere,
Kontakt2, Absynth3, KLCDE
hosted in ProTools 7.1 on Mac OSX
http://muz4now.com/