MSI 1.1.1 and SONAR 5 - sticky note and instrument defiition

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

christiank.vanves
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MSI 1.1.1 and SONAR 5 - sticky note and instrument defiition

Post by christiank.vanves »

I use MSI 1.1.1 with SONAR 5 and I have the following problem:

- if I use MSI as a DXi plug-in i got sticky notes and the instrument definition in the piano roll is lost (notes are show as number, it seems that MSI inputs are not recognized as MIDI channels)

- if I use MSI as VSTi plug-in, i have no sticky notes and the instrument definition in the piano roll is ok.

(sorry for my bad english)
DanAE

vsti

Post by DanAE »

I use Sonar and VSTi as my plug-in using GPO. I was told VSTi would run more stable with GPO. To my surprise, I have found it runs more efficiently. I assume that is why you are having better luck with VSTi as your plug-in using MSI.

NOTE: I just ordered MSI and this forum has made me nervous over my purchase. It seems if anyone is running a PC based system with MSI, they are going to have some major issues. Did you run into any problems with the exception of VSTi running more stable than DXi as a plug-in for MSI?

Thanks.

Dan :?
DanAE

MSI

Post by DanAE »

I loaded MSI as a VSTi plug-in using Sonar and I am having no problems.
fastelder

Post by fastelder »

I also use MSI on a PC using Sonar Home Studio. I get sticky notes primarily on any instrument that is sustained (sus) I have to keep resetting the audio engine button everytime I stop. I also kept crashing Sonar anytime I loaded more than a few instruments. I finally started running the program with Task Manager running and found the RAM was overloaded. I added 2G more on top of the 1G ram I had and it crashes less frequently now. It still seems a little buggy
Squirrel Court Studios
Instrumental backtrax for my chuch choir
3.2GhzP4 3G RAM 7200RPM SATA drives
WinXP-sp2
Dual 19" Veiwsonics (sweet!)
PreSonus Firepod
Sonar HomeStudioXL
MOTU Symphonic Instruments
Edirol Sound Canvas
muze

Post by muze »

I never had a sticky notes problem winth Sonar 5 on PC. But it ONLY works at 96khz VST. Not 44.1 and not DXi at all. Also I just upgraded to 1.1.1 and now it won't load any of my projects with MSI as a plugin.

THat's just my experience. But I'm incredibly disappointed with this product (and the samples are mad quirky also).
ittango
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MSI VST

Post by ittango »

Ok, i'm sure it's me, but i only see the DXi option for the MSI.
I using Sonar 5 Producer Edition.
It runs perfectly for me except for th STICKY NOTE THING.
Help.
Thanx.