simple traveler question

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
keith4hunter
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

simple traveler question

Post by keith4hunter »

If you have a traveler and have it racked; do you have access to the side MIDI port still? I am considering ebaying my Firepod to get the traveler since I think it will play better with DP5; but I want to ensure I still have the one MIDI port available (when racked).

Thanks,

KEith
daviswhite
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Traveller MIDI Port

Post by daviswhite »

The rack rails allow a few inches of air on the sides of the Traveller. A "right angle" MIDI plug would probably fit - although most of those cables are poor quality. Mine is in an "open" rack. I'll look tonight and see if a "straight" MIDI cable would fit in a closed rack. Probably so, but it will be close.

Davis
gameu
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by gameu »

My traveler is racked and MIDI plugs fit perfectly... (the traveler is smaller than full size racks, so rack ears are larger and allows to plug any straight MIDI jack, i think)
robbarone
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by robbarone »

I've got mine racked in a producer style desk. Plenty of room for cables and access if you need it. I love my Traveler but the Firepod is a good box too.

Rob Barone
Mac Pro AV & Consulting
macproav@mac.com