Here's mine

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
bug67
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Here's mine

Post by bug67 »

I've got lots more stuff on my hard drive that I've done with DP but, here are the ones that are finnished:

Procrastination

Amanda Rose

Cowboy's Song

I would love some feedback :D
Dual 2.7gig PowerPC G5 with 8gig RAM OS X 10.5.5
MOTU 828mkII
PreSonus DigiMax LT
Novation ReMOTE 25
Digital Performer 6, Logic Studio 8, NI's Guitar Rig2, BFD, Mach V, Mesa Boogie DC-5, Shure, AKG and Rode mics.
Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Jim »

Before I reply, let me mention that I hesitate to be too critical of other's work, as some people are very sensitive. Personally, I prefer negative critique, as it points to what's weak in my productions. I appreciate thoughtful gestures, but I'd rather get honest feedback I can use than well-intentioned white lies. With that in mind, feel free to review my mixes, and blast away in kind.

The production sounds mostly good on all three. The vocals are a bit distant on Procrastination, and the vocal tuning sounds uneven and dare I say, unprofessional. The music sounds like a demo for a standard bar band: The songs and lyrics are a bit generic. The songs are competently played, and nothing to be embarrassed about, but there's nothing outstanding or memorable about them either. No hooks.

You have a handle on the recording and mixing process. I'd give you B+ for production, C- for composition, and A+ for the courage to put your work up for public critique.
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA