Help, there are spiders in My Mac!

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Help, there are spiders in My Mac!

Post by David Polich »

I just had to post this because it's such an unusual story.

Monday my DVD drive in my G5 Dual 2.3Ghz went down - almost one year to the day from date of purchase. I took it in to be replaced.

Today I got the G5 back - and the tech told me that I had a spider problem in my Mac. They first removed the DVD drive after verifying it was not working, blew out the innards of the G5 with compressed air, and dozens of baby spiders crawled out. They then proceeded to open up the DVD drive and there were cobwebs in it!

The guy who started the job literally has arachnophobia, so another tech had to finish the job. I have a new DVD drive in the Mac and all is well. I am, however, checking for all the cobwebs I can find in my studio.

This was definitely the weirdest repair situation I've encountered in my life.
logo80

Post by logo80 »

so not only Windows has spiders :lol:
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Help, there are spiders in My Mac!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

David Polich wrote:I just had to post this because it's such an unusual story.

Monday my DVD drive in my G5 Dual 2.3Ghz went down - almost one year to the day from date of purchase. I took it in to be replaced.

Today I got the G5 back - and the tech told me that I had a spider problem in my Mac. They first removed the DVD drive after verifying it was not working, blew out the innards of the G5 with compressed air, and dozens of baby spiders crawled out. They then proceeded to open up the DVD drive and there were cobwebs in it!

The guy who started the job literally has arachnophobia, so another tech had to finish the job. I have a new DVD drive in the Mac and all is well. I am, however, checking for all the cobwebs I can find in my studio.

This was definitely the weirdest repair situation I've encountered in my life.
Coulda been roaches...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jgest

Post by jgest »

what a trip :shock:
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

now you've done it.
all those spiders were eating the software bugs!

<ducks>
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Spiders are gone, now Google won't work!!
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52