iLok Kernel Panics MacBook Pro

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

kponto
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

iLok Kernel Panics MacBook Pro

Post by kponto »

Hi, just got MSI with the understanding that it would run in stand-alone mode on the MacBook Pro. No deal. Any attempts to access the iLok software results in kernel panics. MSI, the iLok Cleint Helper and Safari (under Rosetta when I log into iLok.com) all give me the grey screen of death.

Anybody got any ideas?

P.S., I know I have one post and all, and discussing cracks are always frowned upon, but seeing as I already paid and can't use the thing, if anyone has a workaround... feel free to PM me. Otherwise, please don't mod me down or anything... oh, wait, this isn't Slashdot... never mind.
nhansen

Post by nhansen »

Maybe your macbook has some kind of hardware prob? on my dual 2,0 it runs perfectly under rosetta. Even with the new, universal ilok drivers.
Do you have the bios installed that allows to install windows or the standard bios?
kponto

Post by kponto »

The standard BIOS. Never had kernel panics (or any other problem) before this, so I'm hesitant to assume it's the machine.

I suppose I can swap the RAM out at work today and see if it'll start up.

k
kponto

Post by kponto »

You mentioned UB iLok drivers, but the current download option on iLok.com is PPC only. Where did you get yours?
nhansen

Post by nhansen »

its not. its universal now. but it loads a ppc version when a ppc instrument (like symphonic instrument) is loaded
stratology

Post by stratology »

Not to sound too cynical, but aren't Kernel Panics to be expected when you use the iLok?
Suggested solution (worked for me): return the iLok protected software to the reseller, ask for a refund, and buy different software.