Help!!! I Keep crashing when adding in plugins

Macintosh software/hardware discussion and troubleshooting

Moderator: James Steele

Dubstylie514
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Help!!! I Keep crashing when adding in plugins

Post by Dubstylie514 »

IM using a Imac G5 Intel, I have 1.5 GB of memory so I KNOW its not that. I am using DP 4.61... it happened b4 so I uninstalled EVERYthing because I thought it was a corrupted file. I then Reinstalled everything, and it was fine untill i put an eq on one of the tracks... can anyone help me ...PLEASE!!!
Frodo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Frodo »

1.5 isn't "that much" when you're talking about plugins. But if you're using an EQ, how many audio tracks are you running at once? What does your Activity Monitor register?

Also, remove iSight-- it can interfere with DP audio. Widgets just take up space. Turn off any automated features which would otherwise take processing priority when they kick in --- automatic software update, screensavers, sleep mode, etc. Don't run your audio from your internal HD-- keep all audio external.

Also, if you can set your work priority to high (from the hardware/settings menu on the transport), that will redirect more cpu resources to DP.

Those are the basics-- but as far as I know (as of April 18th) the Intel-Native version was not available yet. I don't have an Intel, so it's hard to speak directly to the issue. You may want to contact MOTU by phone about this-- it sounds serious...
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52