Is MSI A Good Product For The Price?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

DanAE
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Is MSI A Good Product For The Price?

Post by DanAE »

I am running MSI on my PC successfully, but I am not sure if I would say it is a good product for the price. I know it doesn't have all of the instrumental options and articulation/s like higher end virtual instruments, but I would still expect stability and quality samples where you don't hear loops and inconsistent velocities from one note to another. I do believe the software has potential, but in my opinion MOTU has a long way to go with MSI. There are other virtual orchestra software in the same price range that has more stability and better samples. I own one of the other ones and planned to use MSI as an enhancement. I have now come to the conclusion I will take the hit from purchasing MSI and save my money for a "higher end" orchestral software such as East West.

Below are some examples of samples you can hear noticeable loops. (Strings Ensemble)

Contrabass sus: A1, A#1, B1

Celli sus: A2

Note: The velocity varies on some of the samples also. Below are some obvious velocity issues. (Strings Ensemble)

Violas sus: D5, D#5

Violins sus: G4, G#4

Unfortunetly, if you can get beyond the sticky note/s and spikes (hardware and software stability), you still have to deal with the samples themselves.

Oh well! :(
papageno
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by papageno »

...plus instrument ranges issue which is also covered in this forum.

BTW,
Soon Steinberg will come out with Halion Symphonic Orchestra.
+372 56222285
DanAE
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MSI Issues

Post by DanAE »

- Very true.