Turn that Note OFF!

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

fastelder
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Turn that Note OFF!

Post by fastelder »

I have been running SONAR home studio for about a year now. I was very impressed with the samples on the MOTU site. I've used Synful Instruments before, but the MOTU approach seemed a lot easier in that instead of one instrument that you could tweak for expression, they gave you several expressions of the same instrument.

Was really excited yesterday when MSI was delivered. Was disappointed because first install (v1.0) did not show up in my Dxi synth list. An install of v1.1.1 with the standalone and all forms of plug-ins did cure that and I was able to load it as a Dxi Synth.

It sounds GREAT . . . There's just no stopping it. No seriously, I have to hit the audio engine reset each time I stop a playback. I finally let it drone on to see what would happen. It does finally cut off after about 15 seconds (practically an eternity) I see other posts with somewhat of the same problems. Any suggestions before I call in?

I'll work on it again today. If I do get anywhere, I'll be sure to post any solution I come up with.

TGFF (thank God for forums) They always seem to be the real problem solvers.
Squirrel Court Studios
Instrumental backtrax for my chuch choir
3.2GhzP4 3G RAM 7200RPM SATA drives
WinXP-sp2
Dual 19" Veiwsonics (sweet!)
PreSonus Firepod
Sonar HomeStudioXL
MOTU Symphonic Instruments
Edirol Sound Canvas
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

I see nobody's answered this. Honestly, I don't know the answer. I don't have that problem, and have never experienced it, except for two or three times when I typed in a new counter location without stopping first. (I do that a lot, but it doesn't usually cause a problem) Once I did it on those three occasions, I had to reboot the computer to get it to stop doing that. After rebooting, everything was fine. I could even enter new counter locations without stopping first.

So, when it happens, try rebooting the computer. Then try to see if there is some event associated with its occurance.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
IanA
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Turn that Note OFF!

Post by IanA »

fastelder wrote:I have been running SONAR home studio for about a year now. I was very impressed with the samples on the MOTU site. I've used Synful Instruments before, but the MOTU approach seemed a lot easier in that instead of one instrument that you could tweak for expression, they gave you several expressions of the same instrument.

Was really excited yesterday when MSI was delivered. Was disappointed because first install (v1.0) did not show up in my Dxi synth list. An install of v1.1.1 with the standalone and all forms of plug-ins did cure that and I was able to load it as a Dxi Synth.

It sounds GREAT . . . There's just no stopping it. No seriously, I have to hit the audio engine reset each time I stop a playback. I finally let it drone on to see what would happen. It does finally cut off after about 15 seconds (practically an eternity) I see other posts with somewhat of the same problems. Any suggestions before I call in?

I'll work on it again today. If I do get anywhere, I'll be sure to post any solution I come up with.

TGFF (thank God for forums) They always seem to be the real problem solvers.
Does the same thing for me as well. I'm running Protools on a XP Pro based PC studio. If you come to a conclusion, let me know.

Ian
Ah, crap.
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hugy »

hi fastelder,

Concerning Sonar, as said in a previous post, use the VST version

Hope it helps.