Symphonic Instrument in Finale?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

obliou
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Symphonic Instrument in Finale?

Post by obliou »

Hi everyone,
I've been checking into sample libraries because I want to start making great sounding sequences of some of my compositions... I've thinking about Symphonic Instrument because I've been impressed with some of the examples on the MOTU website. Here's my question: Could I use it as a plug in to play back files in Finale or Sibelius? I have a G4 Powerbook with 1.5G of RAM so I don't think that would be too much of a strain... Also how is the manual that comes with it as far as explaining how to sequence stuff in DP(I have 4.6).

Thanks,
Tyler
papageno
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by papageno »

You can use MSI with Finale but not as Finale plugin.
You can use it as stand alone or as DP plugin and route MIDI from Finale to DP.
However... your single G4 will be too slow.
+372 56222285
obliou

Post by obliou »

will it be too slow to just play MIDI tracks already in DP? If not how many channels/instances of SI do you think I could get away with? Thanks for the reply.
hugy

Post by hugy »

Hi,

It should be okay as long as you do not use any convolution reverb.
However, if you plan to do big orchestration, freeze tracks.

Of course a G5 is always better but you can use MSI without any problem on a powerbook.

Hope this helps.
obliou

Post by obliou »

Would it be advisable to go track by track converting to audio and then add reverb to the entire mix at the end? That way I could get each instrument the way I like it, then convert it to audio so SI isn't straining my comp. Sorry, I'd really like to be able to do pretty large ensembles so I'm just trying to find a way to make this work.

Thanks[/i]