problem MSI in logic

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

vocoder
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

problem MSI in logic

Post by vocoder »

MSI just arrived and sounds fantastic as you all know by now,

im having one problem tho which hopefully someone can help me with,

im running MSI with Logic 6.4.3, and i can run it fine without anything going wrong untill i click on a track thats not associated with that specific instance of MSI wether it be Audio track or audio instruments,,,,, as soon as i click on something else it starts clicking and popping, but if i go back and click on either one of the 16 MIDI tracks linked to the audio intrument or the actual instrument itself then its fine

any help would be great!!
springuy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: problem MSI in logic

Post by springuy »

vocoder wrote:
im running MSI with Logic 6.4.3, and i can run it fine without anything going wrong untill i click on a track thats not associated with that specific instance of MSI wether it be Audio track or audio instruments,,,,, as soon as i click on something else it starts clicking and popping, but if i go back and click on either one of the 16 MIDI tracks linked to the audio intrument or the actual instrument itself then its fine

any help would be great!!
Hello
when you select an instrument track or a live input track in logic, the latency is set to the minimum possible for your sound device, regardless of the buffer setting in the audio hardware&drivers window.
This is good for playing an instrument live but really is much more demanding for the CPU, so just select another kind of track when you want to listen to your song and it should work fine.
MAC/PC musician.Logic pro on Mac, SX3 on PC.
Smeagle
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MSI is a mess man!

Post by Smeagle »

I have the same problem Vocoder

It seems that the samples are running out of sync with the rest of the project if you don't have MSI selected.

Logic 7.1 with MSI 1.1 still has the same problem.

There is a dog of a work around ...
if you want to record anything else whilst hearing MSI you have to select the track you want to record, begin recording, then select an Msi MIDI track, Jab the keyboard (to send some MIDI to it) MSI stops clicking and you are free to record the rest of your track. After finishing just delete the crash of MIDI at the top, and you are done....but It's a drag man

Q. is there a way of synching the samples produced by MSI to the Logic project so that this doesn't happen. I have already tested MSI with various buffer sizes and nothing?!?!

MSI is a mess man!
legodo

Post by legodo »

Effectively I also have the same problem and I am amazed that nobody did not speak about it before.
I hope that Motu will make an update so that we can use correctly this plug - in with Logic.
JamesBondz

Post by JamesBondz »

Good topic! Very useful :):)
God bless America!