Custom Consoles Not Working In All Chunks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Custom Consoles Not Working In All Chunks

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I'm having some weirdness where a Custom Console I created doesn't work when I switch chunks?

Has anyone else had this problem?

It works for my main template, but when I copy that chunk to work on an alternate take the Custom Console doesn't work in the newly created Chunk?

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Custom Consoles Not Working In All Chunks

Post by James Steele »

I'm not sure, but are MIDI instruments the target of the sliders or buttons in your Custom Console? Maybe it unlinks from the target assignments? You could go into "Edit Mode" on the Custom Console and look to see if anything has changed perhaps?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Hey man that is EXACTLY it.

That clipping window is all MIDI-track assignments.

It just gives me a readout of cc #1 on certain tracks that use it, which there is no easy way of punching in and out levels, as opposed to cc #7.

It loses all connections to the tracks.

I have the same problem with attaching MIDI controllers to certain faders.

It works in the chunk, but not if you duplicate the chunk.

Man I wish MOTU would update custom-consoles finally?

Or let you have multiple mixing-boards open?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Custom Consoles still look like a 25 year old Atari interface or something.

I love DP and am never switching, but sometimes I see "environments" and the like in Logic, and some of the Nuendo stuff...