Old to new extended keyboards-Can F13 through F19 be assigned the same as on the older F1 through F6 keyboards.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
jimmy330
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Old to new extended keyboards-Can F13 through F19 be assigned the same as on the older F1 through F6 keyboards.

Post by jimmy330 »

Just bought a new Mac Mini M2Pro plus their "Magic" extended keyboard. Unfortunately F1-F6 is assigned to non DP functions, whereas on my old keyboard it was: F1-Set Start F2-Set End F3-Set REC in F4-Set REC out F5-Set start of region F6-set end of region. Incredibly fast & easy, I used these all day for decades.
I'm having a hard time having to use my mouse to do this. Will I have to go back to using my old dirt encrusted USB?
Ideally I would love to assign these to F13-F18 on my new keyboard.
Any suggestions?
DP people?
iMac 27" Retna 4GHz, Apollo 8 w/Satellite, NI K-88 controller, plus a ton of VI's.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Old to new extended keyboards-Can F13 through F19 be assigned the same as on the older F1 through F6 keyboards.

Post by HCMarkus »

Commands in DP are your friend. Reassign those currently assigned to your old keys to the new ones.

Or reassign the F1-F6 keys to "Standard Functions" on your keyboard in macOS System Settings...

Apple Menu>System Settings>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts>Function Keys