T.O. Track Selection mirrored on Mixer (the way I do it)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Arceo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

T.O. Track Selection mirrored on Mixer (the way I do it)

Post by Arceo »

I often need to switch from the T.O. to the Mixer to edit the levels or the sends of the tracks I’m working in the T.O. and since DP doesn’t mirror the T.O. selections on the Mixer I found a way to force it doing it with some simple keystrokes that at some point I automated with a Keyboard Maestro Macro.

I recently upgraded from DP 7.24 to DP 11.3 and unfortunately I found that the Keyboard Maestro Macro that I created for this task doesn’t work anymore.

The Macro I created was merely based on some peculiar behaviour of DP. In DP 7.24 if you select a bunch of tracks in the T.O. and press Shift M to invoke the mixer, the mixer will show only the tracks selected in the T.O.. But this happens only if the Mixer is closed at the moment you type Shift M. That’s why I got used to type Shift M (invoke the Mixer) / Command W (Close the Mixer)/ Shift M (Invoke the Mixer) in a row. This did the trick: no matter if the Mixer was already open, typing those three keystroke in a row I could get the selected tracks on the T.O. to show in the Mixer. That’s when Keyboard Maestro came in handy and I created a Macro that types those three keystrokes for me.

To my dismay, as I tried the Macro on DP 11.3 it didn’t work. But after a reasonably lot of trial and error I got it working simply adding a Shift T before the last Shift M.

So the final (working) list of keystroke for DP 11.3 is (after selecting the tracks on the T.O.):

Shift M
Command W
Shift T
Shift M

I hope that helps
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: T.O. Track Selection mirrored on Mixer (the way I do it)

Post by stubbsonic »

NICE!!

Thanks for sharing that tip!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com