SpectraLayers 10 is a life saver, for legacy projects

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: SpectraLayers 10 is a life saver, for legacy projects

Post by mikehalloran »

mhschmieder wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 am
HCMarkus wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:21 pm I'm just gonna' try to mix it well the first time around. :deadhorse:
Famous last words. :rofl:

Of course, most of us are dealing with projects we did not control, kind of like how most software jobs are cleaning up the last person's mess. :smash:

The other main category is premature digital transfers that forced us to do track reduction from the original analog, sometimes to stereo (mixed, not even dual mono!), followed by the loss of the multitracks and/or the gear that could play them.
Amen to that!

Some gearheads at my church think that it will be a great summer project to mount an expedition into THE BASEMENT WHERE ANALOG GOES TO DIE!!! pull out my analog machines and transfer my boxes of tapes to digital. I believe that I will let them.

Donnie Osmond once told me that a beef jerky drying oven is the perfect appliance for baking polyester backed tape. Amazon has a few with 5-layer round trays around 11"–12" diameter. Perfect.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: SpectraLayers 10 is a life saver, for legacy projects

Post by HCMarkus »

All my old analog (and a lot of digital) tapes burned up in 2003 Cedar Fire.

So there is no basement here. :surrender: