Dynasone

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Dynasone

Post by bayswater »

Anyone remember Dynasone from Prosoniq? About 20+ years ago. A post at GS reminded me of it. It made everything sound like it was playing on an expensive Ampeg through a high end stereo with the loudness button on. Sometimes you want that. If I believed conspiracies, I'd say all the mastering engineers got together and had the code erased.

Anyway, Prosoniq went belly up and was bought by Zynaptic. I contacted the Znaptic owner at the time and was told an update for Dynasone was on it's way, but that never happened.

I've tried a lot of similar plugins since, but none of them ever did quite the same thing.

Has anyone come across anything that might be a substitute? (assuming you remember it)
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Re: Dynasone

Post by monkey man »

Maybe the SPL Vitalizer MK2-T modelled plugin from Plugin Alliance?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... mk2-t.html

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 am Maybe the SPL Vitalizer MK2-T modelled plugin from Plugin Alliance?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... mk2-t.html
Thanks for the tip. I have the 14 day trial running. Maybe a bit too reserved and clean to reproduce the Yardbirds at the Marquis club, but pretty similar.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Glad to be of service Brother Stoivo.

The other hardware-modeled plugin I couldn't think of the name of the other day was this one:

https://plugins.bbesound.com/products/p ... omp-Board/

BBE Stomp Board - 8 guitar-effect pedals inside Stomp Board and as individual plugins. Includes Sonic Stomp - stomp-box version of the BBE Sonic Maximizer

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Oops! Forgot to include the link to the "rack" version as well, as opposed to the pedal version:

https://plugins.bbesound.com/products/b ... nic-Sweet/

The blurb:

The "Sonic Sweet”" bundle consists of four amazing plug-ins that bring the legendary BBE Sound into your productions.

Sonic Maximizer:

Musicians and studio engineers for years have known that the D82 Sonic Maximizer is the best way to get that professional sound and extra sparkle that is so difficult to capture.

Harmonic Maximizer:

The H82 Harmonic Maximizer increases presence and clarity. It restores natural brightness and adds deeper and extended low frequencies. It can be used in the studio on individual tracks or an entire mix, or live to enhance the sound of a P.A. system.

Loudness Maximizer:

The L82 Loudness Maximizer is a mixing and mastering multi-band limiter plug-in. Its ultimate transparency allows the L82 Loudness Maximizer to dramatically increase the overall level of your mix without audible artefacts and pumping effects.

Mach 3 Bass:

As a new addition to the “Sonic Sweet” lineup, Mach 3 Bass will take your low end to new sonic depths. Insert this plug-in on any type off bass instrument or signal where you need a big boost on the low end.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I’d forgotten about the BBE Sonic Maximizer. I had that once. Or at least an old version.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Funny, it was the first thing that sprang to mind when I read your OP and looking through my plugin list the Vitalizer popped out at me. I thought I must've been thinking about that.

The Vitalizer's great on full mixes BTW - adds fairy dust and a "dimensional" quality. I've never used the plugin but a demo I did in the '90s was put through it and it worked wonders.