Quickscribe Tip: eliminate extra bars in Quickscribe at end of sequence

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JohnG
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Quickscribe Tip: eliminate extra bars in Quickscribe at end of sequence

Post by JohnG »

Hi all,

Chief issue: Quickscribe displays extra bars beyond the end of the piece; sometimes hundreds of them!

Solution:

1. Open any track using Quickscribe;

2. Under mini-menu (upper right), select Options;

3. Using pull-down menu, select last item, "Set Score Length" and choose "Fixed," then type in what you like.*

I've been frustrated by this for years, as the Quickscribe length does not conform itself to the manual End Time in the Chunks window. AFAIK, this method is the only way to get rid of extra bars in Quickscribe. Using Command_J to delete the bars doesn't fix this little issue.

*If as I do you have renumbered your bar count so it starts with -1 (minus one) for a two-bar countoff, you have to add those two extra bars to the total.

[attachment=0]Quickscribe.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Quickscribe.png
Quickscribe.png (118.85 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Kind regards,

John Graham
www.johngrahammusic.com
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Quickscribe Tip: eliminate extra bars in Quickscribe at end of sequence

Post by stubbsonic »

There might be reasons why someone would want a different score/part length than actual playback chunk length. It is nice that DP doesn't force them to be linked. I've never found setting QS's set score length to a fixed value to be that arduous a task. That said, you're right, if QS could just use the chunk's end time as the starting default. That would make some sense.

Submit that the MOTU as a feature request.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com