The time has almost come..

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Alicorn 935/960
Primary DAW OS: Windows

The time has almost come..

Post by Alicorn 935/960 »

Hello.
After many years The time has almost come to purchase a full version of Digital Performer.
However I have an issue on windows.
I have a past demo version which I cannot uninstall from the SSD hard drive.
Win cannot find C:\ProgramDataPackageCache{blahblahnumbers-etc}setup-PerformerLite-86175-10.13exe
This also prevented me from installing an updated DP demo version.

I want to do a perfectly clean install.
So how do I remove EVERYTHING associated with this past demo including both DP Demo and the genuine application validity/license checking tool thingy old installs please?
Thank you.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The time has almost come..

Post by bayswater »

I don’t know what you would do in Windows, but there are instructions on the MOTU site on how to completely remove the Mac version, so I’d expect they’d have the same for Windows.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Alicorn 935/960

Post by Alicorn 935/960 »

Hello and thank you.
I did have a look for a downloadable uninstaller for a lite version but didn't find one :(
I also browsed the threads and saw that Lite versions now become full versions once upgraded.
I can probably do it manually but it will be a bit of a chore lol.
Thanks for replying. 8^)
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

It wasn’t an “uninstaller”, just list of files to delete.
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

The file referred to in the error is a P Lite installer file. Did you already try to remove stuff manually?

Download the P Lite installer from here: https://motu.com/en-us/download/product ... rue&page=3

Run the installer. It may not give you the option to uninstall so you would have to install and then uninstall. If you get an error about some certificate issue, manually change the date on the computer to sometime in November of 2020 (the installer was issued in October of that year) and it should run without issue.

Not sure why a previous version of P Lite would hold up a DP install. If you continue to have issues, check with MOTU tech support. Did you install other demo versions?
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I'm pretty sure Performer Lite and DP11 can exist on the same computer with no issues. I get wanting to get rid of a program you don't use, but it should not be an issue.

Personally I wish I had a copy of P Lite, I would love to see what their stripped down workflow looks like. I don't currently own an audio card from MOTU and it's the only way to get it, which is awkward, IMO a silly move on their part. I bought a Fireface 800 15 years ago, and it still works, I have no need to replace what I have.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

PL and DP can exist on the same machine, Mac and Windows.

The last version of DP to include an uninstaller was 7.24 and it was Mac only.

A PL project will open in DP. A DP project needs to have fewer than 16 Audio, 16 MIDI and 16 Aux tracks to open properly in PL—otherwise, it will.

There are many windows and features that are different in PL. A license for DP does not convert PL. They are different apps.

PL checks for a valid license every time it opens.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Michael Canavan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 am IPersonally I wish I had a copy of P Lite, I would love to see what their stripped down workflow looks like.
You’re not missing much. The app is stripped down a bit, but the workflow isn’t much different, except that some of the editors are missing and you have to make do with the editors that are there.

I ended up deleting it because there wasn’t anything I could find that works better in lite than it does in DP
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I ended up deleting it because there wasn’t anything I could find that works better in lite than it does in DP
True that.

The only reason I use PL at all is because some of my people do. Some of the functions including Settings and hidden windows are in different places than DP and it's far easier for me to remember where things are I'm looking at it when on the phone.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

bayswater wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm
Michael Canavan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 am IPersonally I wish I had a copy of P Lite, I would love to see what their stripped down workflow looks like.
You’re not missing much. The app is stripped down a bit, but the workflow isn’t much different, except that some of the editors are missing and you have to make do with the editors that are there.

Yeah of course, but IMO it forces a workflow, that's what interests me. DP definitely does not force a workflow. Supposedly no Track overview for instance. That alone would significantly affect my use of DP.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.