828es Routing Question

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
dfiorucci
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828es Routing Question

Post by dfiorucci »

So I have the mixer setup so I can hear all of my hardware synths from the main outputs and also headphones 1 thru 4.
In the routing matrix I have the Main mix selected for all 3 of those and it works great.
But I'm unable to assign the output of any soft synths to the headphones or mains without loosing the ability to hear the hardware.
If I pick one it deselects the other.
Is there a solution to this issue where I can here soft synths and hardware synths out of the same headphones or mains?
Thanks,
Dana
HCMarkus

Re: 828es Routing Question

Post by HCMarkus »

Assign your DAW (running soft synths) Main Stereo Output to a Stereo Input on your AVB Mixer
dfiorucci

Post by dfiorucci »

Sage advice Travis from Motu came back with the same answer just wish there was an elegant way to get around the 48 channel digital mixer limit.
Thanks,
Dana
FaraHilde
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by FaraHilde »

It seems like you have a setup where you can hear both your hardware synths and soft synths through different outputs on your mixer. However, you're facing an issue where you can't hear both simultaneously through the same output, whether it's headphones or mains.

One potential solution to this problem could involve utilizing separate audio interfaces or routing options within your digital audio workstation (DAW) if you're using one. You might be able to route the output of your soft synths to a different output channel on your mixer or configure your DAW to send the soft synth audio to the same output channel that your hardware synths are using. Alternatively, some mixers offer flexible routing options or subgrouping capabilities that could potentially help you combine the audio from both sources before sending it to your headphones or mains.

Exploring your mixer's manual or consulting online forums specific to your mixer model and setup might provide additional insights and potential solutions to help you achieve the desired outcome of hearing both soft synths and hardware synths simultaneously through the same headphones or mains.