input different MIDI channels in the same track

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ggm1960
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: input different MIDI channels in the same track

Post by ggm1960 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:48 pm
You can also view multiple tracks simultaneously in DP, so even though the data is in different tracks, it is all accessible from a single "graphic editor" window.
This is a great feature that I wish I could understand how to make happen. Occasionally it happens randomly for me. How do I tell the MIDI editor window I want to look at two tracks in the same window??
ggm1960
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by ggm1960 »

ggm1960 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:28 am
MIDI Life Crisis wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:48 pm
You can also view multiple tracks simultaneously in DP, so even though the data is in different tracks, it is all accessible from a single "graphic editor" window.
This is a great feature that I wish I could understand how to make happen. Occasionally it happens randomly for me. How do I tell the MIDI editor window I want to look at two tracks in the same window??
Oops nevermind, I just discovered it's at the Track Selector window. I found this info in the manual of all places! haha
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

ggm1960 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:40 am
Oops nevermind, I just discovered it's at the Track Selector window. I found this info in the manual of all places! haha
One other thing that's helpful - If you need better color separation of the MIDI notes from different tracks, you can right-click the track in the Track Selector and change the color.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1