Chase seems not working properly

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
arcy
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Chase seems not working properly

Post by arcy »

Hi! I noticed that CC controls are not read when I play in the middle of a MIDI note. I have to play from project start to trigger CC. I correctly set chase from Setup -> Event chasing and set all the options available. I'm using clips for all MIDI regions.
Am I doing wrong something or is it a bug?
Thanks.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Chase seems not working properly

Post by stubbsonic »

Sounds like a bug. Just make sure you have "CONTROLLERS" checked, and the radio button "ALL" is selected. It is then supposed to look back for the state of all CC's at playback.

Definitely report to MOTU via tech link.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
arcy

Post by arcy »

stubbsonic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:48 am Sounds like a bug. Just make sure you have "CONTROLLERS" checked, and the radio button "ALL" is selected. It is then supposed to look back for the state of all CC's at playback.

Definitely report to MOTU via tech link.
It seems a bug...I alredy checked...
I'll open a issue to motu..
CharlzS

Post by CharlzS »

Is the automation in the track or the clip? If the notes and automation aren't together, not sure how that would chase. Try unpacking one of the clips and see if chase works on that.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

Now that DP has added a MIDI track to the instrument "track", I wonder if they may not have gotten their chasing ducks-in-a-row for that, as well.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com