Falcon/Mach5 content

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
SMS
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Falcon/Mach5 content

Post by SMS »

When Motu abandoned Mach 5, I was disappointed and bought Falcon so I could continue to use a lot of the sounds I was accustomed to from Mach 5. At some point or maybe from the very beginning, you had to run Falcon and DP in Rosetta in order to read the old Mach 5 content volumes, and it wouldn’t let you save those patches along with their samples to get them out of the Mach 5 containers to load the patch into Falcon not under Rosetta.

I upgraded to Falcon 3, and lo and behold you can now launch Falcon under Rosetta open any patch from the old DP libraries then save the program along with the samples. Patches saved this way now will open in Falcon not under Rosetta.

Hallelujah. I really love Falcon wish there was more content available for it.
MOTU user since Performer™ 1.22 on 128k floppy
DP 11.23
MacBook Pro 14” 2023 M2 max 12 core
64 Gb RAM
4TB SSD
OS 14.0 Sonoma
UAD Apollo 8
828 mk3 Hybrid
MIDI Express XT
Michael Canavan

Re: Falcon/Mach5 content

Post by Michael Canavan »

FYI there have been updates to the MachFive content libraries and you no longer have to use Falcon in Rosetta or any other workaround to use them. grab the updates and be free! :arrrr:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
SMS

Post by SMS »

Thanks, that solves that issue!

I don't know how I was supposed to know that- did MOTU notify registered MachFive Users?

I've been running Falcon, DP and MainStage in Rosetta just to use my old MachFive content. Forward!
DP 11.23
64 Gb RAM
4TB SSD
OS 14.0 Sonoma
UAD Apollo 8
828 mk3 Hybrid
MIDI Express XT
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

SMS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:26 pm Thanks, that solves that issue!

I don't know how I was supposed to know that- did MOTU notify registered MachFive Users?

I've been running Falcon, DP and MainStage in Rosetta just to use my old MachFive content. Forward!
It was pretty random for sure. Love MOTU, but they still have a freakng MachFive add on their website.. things been dead for how long?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
SMS

Post by SMS »

Yeah, right? I'm surprised (but super glad)they bothered to spend any effort on it.

I had a glimmer of hope that the partnership has been renewed...
DP 11.23
64 Gb RAM
4TB SSD
OS 14.0 Sonoma
UAD Apollo 8
828 mk3 Hybrid
MIDI Express XT